• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Using Google Ads to gain views

DroidGamehun

Subscriber Goal
Been using Google Ads for around 2 weeks. I gained a lot of views on some of my videos (9k views max).
But subscriber count doesn't seem to increase at a good rate. At this time I have 171 subscribers only. How should I improve?

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
Been using Google Ads for around 2 weeks. I gained a lot of views on some of my videos (9k views max).
But subscriber count doesn't seem to increase at a good rate. At this time I have 171 subscribers only. How should I improve?
This biggest problem with Google Ads is that those views you pay for do not count for your 4,000 watch hours. It is great to get views, but they don't help in that regard.

I have done google ads in the past and received a good amount of subscribers. Make sure when you create your ads you are advertising to viewers that will be interested in your channel. You are a gaming channel, so you can place your ads on your competitors videos and recommendation areas. Be specific when placing your ads. There are many videos on youtube on how to work google ads.

Hope this helped!

OP
OP
DroidGamehun

DroidGamehun

Subscriber Goal
This biggest problem with Google Ads is that those views you pay for do not count for your 4,000 watch hours. It is great to get views, but they don't help in that regard.

I have done google ads in the past and received a good amount of subscribers. Make sure when you create your ads you are advertising to viewers that will be interested in your channel. You are a gaming channel, so you can place your ads on your competitors videos and recommendation areas. Be specific when placing your ads. There are many videos on youtube on how to work google ads.

Hope this helped!
Thanks a lot for your reply. Generally I select my audience as who are interested in gaming content. By competitors you mean that I should place my ads on their videos like I should add them as a placement. Right?

Reactions: ALVINTOK TV
OP
OP
DroidGamehun

DroidGamehun

Subscriber Goal
Ye
Now you understand why Google Ads are not a good deal compared to backlog of 500 to 1,000 clickable, searchable videos that capture and hold people's attention. Think of it, the money spent on Google Ads could have been spent on a second camera, doubling the quality/coverage of your videos.
Yes right...generally I get 50k impression for a single video and gain only 30-35 subs. Seems like I need to change my approach.

• Wow
Reactions: Damon

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I have heard people say set up a series of videos on whatever topic. Then create one video that is under 90 seconds and use that video to drive the audience toward the series that you created. I have a credit from google ads for 150.00 I may use it once I get to 500 subs and then drive my audience to something that will benefit them.