• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Changes in Title and Description bugged when done from mobile app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGP_Presents

Hey everyone,

I've noticed some wierd behaviour with tubebuddy. I changed the titles and descritpions of several videos via the mobile app. When I open up that video in YouTube, the changes have been commited. In the overall channel content overview in YouTube Studio the new title is also displayed correctly. But in my detail edit screen for that video (where you also edit the description and tags) there it is still the old title and description.

I'll add some screenshots: First is the correct, new title displayed in the youtube studio channel content section (notice the "-" after the question mark and "249$ Waves SSL E Channel..."). Second is on the actual youtube page (correct - same as the first one). Last is the title when I open up the video details to do edits (wrong: this is the title before the changes -> notice the missing "-" and the "249$ SSL E Channel by Waves).

correct title.JPG
correct title yt.JPG
old title wrong.JPG

This error occurs on chrome and firefox. If I try to change it to the new, actual title thats already displayed everywhere else, the save doesn't work and it just refreshes the page. When I try to change that title into something different (on desktop) the update works. This occurs for every video that I edited via the mobile tubebuddy app.

Also as a side-note: Related keyword searches do not work for me on Chrome (no matter the phrase I use, even something like "food asmr", I get told that I need something more popular) but they do work on firefox, even for obscure search terms. On firefox I also get way more recommended tags (like dozens) while it's between 5-10 on Chrome. Is this a known issue?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You need to be a little careful jumping between the Mobile App, your YouTube Studio dashboard and the Video Details when you are editing. They each have access to each other at different rates. For example the Mobile App can take up to 48 hours for data to be sent/received between it and YouTube. So when you go to edit something using the app it may take 48 hours for that to reach YouTube and for YouTube to then update and process these changes. This feature is available for when you need it, but I would suggest that if you are going back and forth expect that it may take your data several days to update after doing so.

Regarding your related keyword search I would suggest getting in touch with support@tubebuddy.com for that matter. I have seen the issue before, but in order to properly troubleshoot and resolve the issue we will need to put in a ticket and have a developer take a look at that for you.

Reactions: EGP_Presents
Status
Not open for further replies.