• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Time stamp not working on my YouTube Video

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
I have entered the time stamp by typing it in the description column of my video, but when the video is running the time stamp doesn't work
while on my other channels the time stamp works

The channel where the time stamp doesn't work is my main channel "OrangDalam" (created in 2018, already monetized, currently about 4k subscribers) while my other channel whose time stamp is working is "Hobi Bapak Bapak" (made in April 2021, still not monetized, at the moment its only 25 subscribers)

This is a screenshot of the video on each of my channels:
1. Screenshot of video where the time stamp doesn't appear:
no time stamp.jpg

2. Screenshot of video where a time stamp can appear
Hobi Bapak2.jpg

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Try putting dashes after the timestamps, also have a timestamp at 0:00 so the timestamps are starting from the very beginning. So in your example video where they aren't working, maybe have the first chapter start at 0:00- using paid object... and then have your second chapter start at 3:00. Also, try using dashes after your timestamps to separate the timestamp from the title of the chapters. Example:
0:00- Using Paid Object (Pro/ Pro +)
3:00- Making Presentations Over 3 Minutes in Duration
7:46- Export to MP4 video Format

I noticed looking at your other video where they are working that you have done those things I mentioned above so the timestamps are working correctly, so try repeating those things on the video where they currently aren't working. Good luck!

OP
OP
Apin89

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
Try putting dashes after the timestamps, also have a timestamp at 0:00 so the timestamps are starting from the very beginning. So in your example video where they aren't working, maybe have the first chapter start at 0:00- using paid object... and then have your second chapter start at 3:00. Also, try using dashes after your timestamps to separate the timestamp from the title of the chapters. Example:
0:00- Using Paid Object (Pro/ Pro +)
3:00- Making Presentations Over 3 Minutes in Duration
7:46- Export to MP4 video Format

I noticed looking at your other video where they are working that you have done those things I mentioned above so the timestamps are working correctly, so try repeating those things on the video where they currently aren't working. Good luck!

I've tried the advice you conveyed and it still doesn't work
Cuplikan layar 2021-05-17 154122.jpg
before asking in this forum I have also searched for ways on YouTube or other YouTube tutorial channels, and have changed the time stamp format in the description column several times, but still haven't found the cause, while on my 2nd channel that I just created the time stamp works without There is a problem

So there is a thought whether maybe this time stamp feature has certain requirements so that it can be used on a channel

but above all, thank you for your response

OP
OP
Apin89

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
I think a lot of people will get this error. I recommend you to write "00:00 Introduction" before listing the other timestamps. It wil automatically be saved as chapters in YouTube. Usually, it will be linked directly.

as I explained before, I have 2 YouTube channels, this problem only appears on my main channel, while on my 2nd channel it works.

I have applied it on my main channel exactly as I did on my 2nd channel (which can display a time stamp)

same treatment but different results, my main channel still doesn't display a time stamp

The time format I type in the description column becomes a blue link and can be clicked also to go to the marked time (which indicates the writing of the time format is correct), but in the video timeline (the bar below the video shows the duration of the playback) there is no chapter dividers are like a normal time stamp feature

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
as I explained before, I have 2 YouTube channels, this problem only appears on my main channel, while on my 2nd channel it works.

I have applied it on my main channel exactly as I did on my 2nd channel (which can display a time stamp)

same treatment but different results, my main channel still doesn't display a time stamp

The time format I type in the description column becomes a blue link and can be clicked also to go to the marked time (which indicates the writing of the time format is correct), but in the video timeline (the bar below the video shows the duration of the playback) there is no chapter dividers are like a normal time stamp feature
I would reach out to @teamyoutube on Twitter. Sounds like an issue in their end and they are way more responsive via Twitter. Don't forget to follow them so they can DM you.

Reactions: Apin89
OP
OP
Apin89

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
Like legacy said, you need to add a 0:00 in your time stamps. Like intro or something
I did, as you can see in the screenshot I gave
and once again I say, I have 2 channels, and on my 2nd channel I managed to do it, but not on my main channel.
I have done exactly the same as what I did on my 2nd channel (which has successfully added a time stamp) but it still doesn't work on my main channel.
even so, thank you for your attention and input, maybe my next step will be to make suggestions from @SILTHW to reach out to @teamyoutube on Twitter

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I just tried Twitter as well, will let you know if they respond

Do you've any copyrighted claims on any of your videos? I know this might be a bit odd but usually when your channel got any copyright claims, at times timestamps doesn't work, talking with my personal experience.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I've tried the advice you conveyed and it still doesn't work
before asking in this forum I have also searched for ways on YouTube or other YouTube tutorial channels, and have changed the time stamp format in the description column several times, but still haven't found the cause, while on my 2nd channel that I just created the time stamp works without There is a problem

So there is a thought whether maybe this time stamp feature has certain requirements so that it can be used on a channel

but above all, thank you for your response

Try and separate the hyphen from the last 0. So put it in as 0:00 [space] introduction.

RookieRun

Do you've any copyrighted claims on any of your videos? I know this might be a bit odd but usually when your channel got any copyright claims, at times timestamps doesn't work, talking with my personal experience.
nope. no copyright claims, at least yet :)

Ufri

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did, as you can see in the screenshot I gave
and once again I say, I have 2 channels, and on my 2nd channel I managed to do it, but not on my main channel.
I have done exactly the same as what I did on my 2nd channel (which has successfully added a time stamp) but it still doesn't work on my main channel.
even so, thank you for your attention and input, maybe my next step will be to make suggestions from @SILTHW to reach out to @teamyoutube on Twitter
I haven't tried time stamps yet.

Ufri

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
[QUOTE = "Apin89, pos: 130331, anggota: 70297"]
Ya, seperti yang Anda lihat di tangkapan layar yang saya berikan
dan sekali lagi saya katakan, saya memiliki 2 saluran, dan di saluran ke-2 saya berhasil melakukannya, tetapi tidak di saluran utama saya.
Saya telah melakukan hal yang persis sama seperti yang saya lakukan di saluran kedua saya (yang telah berhasil menambahkan cap waktu) tetapi masih tidak berfungsi di saluran utama saya.
Meski begitu, terima kasih atas perhatian dan masukannya, mungkin langkah saya selanjutnya adalah memberikan saran dari [USER = 45009] @SILTHW [/ USER] untuk menghubungi @teamyoutube di Twitter
[/KUTIPAN]
Saya belum mencobanya, because I not Monetization.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apin89

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
I don't have any copyright claim, but one of my videos is subject to age restrictions (marked with a yellow dollar) and one other has been taken down because it displays fraudulent methods of using the some app
so is that the cause?
but until now my channel still gets payments from my other videos
Cuplikan layar 2021-05-19 022755.jpg
Cuplikan layar 2021-05-19 022625.jpg

Last edited:

DIY Explorers

You need to add the time of your whole video at the end like this

lets say your video was 6:17 minutes long, you would have to do this afterwards

0:00 - Start

1:17 - Middle

3:56 - Middle #2

6:17 - End

DIY Explorers

I don't have any copyright claim, but one of my videos is subject to age restrictions (marked with a yellow dollar) and one other has been taken down because it displays fraudulent methods of using the some app
so is that the cause?
but until now my channel still gets payments from my other videos
That is wrong, I am sorry to hear that

• Sad
Reactions: Apin89
OP
OP
Apin89

Apin89

Subscriber Goal
You need to add the time of your whole video at the end like this

lets say your video was 6:17 minutes long, you would have to do this afterwards

0:00 - Start

1:17 - Middle

3:56 - Middle #2

6:17 - End

I tried your advice and it didn't work, on my 2nd channel I didn't use a time stamp at the last second of the video and it still works

• Sad
Reactions: DIY Explorers