• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Lost 180+ subs this week

Gabe mexx

Hi everybody. My name is Gabe and I'm new here.
My channel is based only on playin few videogames. Nothing special I know. Doing lots of self promotion on Instagram following people who has my same interest, I started to get few followers very quickly. So I reached about 750 subs .For the past week, every single evening around 9pm uk time, YouTube keeps on removing subscribers from my channel. I know the whole spam and bots things, but people like my mum has been cancelled as well. And she lives in Italy tho and she watch every single video. So its not like she's inactive, I think I lost so far during just this week about 180 subs . Everyday I'm spending lots of time doing self promotions to people who likes the games I like and I'm in touch with them, for nothing basically. It can happen that people unsubscribe , no problems on that , but I starters monitoring my channel and always happens at this time. I read someone has the same problem with some numbers dropping. So if this post will have to be removed i will understand

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Gabe.. This happens quite regularly! YouTube does "purges" of inactive, spam, or bot accounts as you had mentioned... We have had a lot of issues with the dreaded YouTube Unsubscribe bug... The button looks like you're unsubscribed, but clicking on the channel breadrumbs (home, videos, community, about.. etc)... the button will miraculously show up GREYED out (subscribed) again. So if you hit the subscribe button, you get unsubscribed. Also there are MANY people out there, who will leave a "junk" comment on your video, and will subscribe you, and then will unsubscribe you in a few days.

We just learned to not focus on the subscriber number... as long as it grows.. you want your first 1K subs to be hardcore loyalists that want to see you on every single video.. not a bunch of creators, who only want to visit you for the view to their channel.

Sadly there are so many answers YouTube won't provide, and all you can do is try to not think about it or it will drive you mad!! LOL

• Love
Reactions: Apin89
OP
OP
G

Gabe mexx

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to answer me. Its very discouraging tho but I understand your point.

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Don't worry normally from time the time it's normal that you lose subs. Just keep going but don't forget the sunk cost fallacy, and may need to look further then you can see.