• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Better weather- Less viewers/subs?

Cynwri

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
With the weather getting nicer and the restrictions getting lifted, are we in for a tougher road ahead? With winter and lock downs we had a more captive audience due to lack of options. Anyone else had this thought cross their mind?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is absolutely a variable... but honestly there are a lot of factors at play with viewing habits. This time of year people's schedules change drastically. Kids are spending time working on Finals so viewing habits are down for that as well. And because they will soon have the summer off they will begin spreading our their viewing habits throughout the day rather than having them condensed on nights and weekends. I believe views across the platform increase substantially this time of year, but the times that you see these views are going to change until about the time September rolls around. When that happens they will decline until about mid-January, which is when they start to pick up again until summer.

Reactions: Cynwri

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ooooh I didnΓÇÖt think about this! I do notice that on special weekends e.g. Easter my views go down so thatΓÇÖs a really good point

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've noticed my views have been slower lately. I have some videos on my channel that get more views when school is in session than when it is not in session, and since summer is coming (more free time) I think that could be a cause for some of the lower views.

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, from what I've seen over the years it is busier during the winter months. If you do a search you'll find a chart that will tell you which months are better and what times of day. I don't subscribe to the "it's online so anyone can find it" mantra because that doesn't really apply when you need to grab as many viewers as you can on an upload to be seen after the fact.