• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Changing out all thumbnails

Cynwri

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Would completely changing all my thumbnails at once be okay or should I gradually change them over time? They are far too basic and I need something more eye catching.

Reactions: Gaming Buzz

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
When you are finished you should continuously come back and update your worst performers. It's a good practice to be ever improving your worst performing thumbnails.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Did you already start changing them? I love the consistency and overall look of your thumbnails! :)

so the ones with the creamy coloured rectangles with italic text are the updated ones. Although my very recent videos are a new style I’m trying out - thank you I’m glad you like them ☺️

Reactions: Gaming Buzz

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Personally, I'd put the effort into changing one first, and test how it performs in CTR before you go changing the entire channel's worth of thumbnails.

I just changed some old thumbnails and they performed WORSE than the original. Had I changed the entire channel that way, it can be said that the entire channel could have suffered for it. So always test with one, before you make sweeping changes just incase a change performs worse instead of better.

If the change improves your overall CTR for the better, then it's safe to apply it to the rest of your channel. But before you put in the work to change 25 thumbnails, always test just one first.

Reactions: Cynwri