• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Should i change my channel's name?

Kindredspirit

Subscriber Goal
I've started my youtube channel 2 months ago and still when I search my channel's name it's difficult to find like some series appear due to same name. should I change my channel's name ? Or how it's going to affect my channel after changing and there is my channel name in every intro video....I need opinion pls help

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
You are asking a much more complex question than you may think you are asking.

First and most basic question - are you doing this as a hobby/for fun or as a business?

If hobby/for fun, leave it alone. Focus on your SEO and content quality and you will ultimately be able to win the search-engine war and should be fine.

If business, then you are asking a much more challenging question. Now you are talking about brand and that creates a more complicated decision. In that regard, you can build a brand around your name. In general, unless you have a very generic name, this isn't a bad strategy. I've seen channels actually rebrand themselves to embrace building brand around their names. Recently "The Enthusiasm Project" became "Tom Buck". Tom decided to build the brand around himself. In his case, I think that was a great decision. I think this is a very good strategy for people who have expertise in an area and want to try and get their name associated with being an expert in a given niche.

On the other hand, a company brand is powerful. I own my logo, my music and have trademarks on SILTHW and "Sh*t I Learned the Hard Way". When I put out content there, I am associating it with that brand, not me personally. I made that decision years ago because I wanted to be able to collaborate and host other content under that name. But before I decided on that name, I searched it to make sure others weren't using it. I did a trademark search to make sure it wasn't already protected. I own the twitter account, the domain names, etc.

For you, I feel like you are still trying to really find your niche. You have a direction, but you still have some variety in content. I think the damage might be making more than one channel name change so I would encourage you to be very confident in what you are trying to do when you make that change.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

BeannyYT

Subscriber Goal
It does naturally take time for your name and videos to appear in the search results for yourself without proper SEO. If you are a business then I would say it's probably a bigger issue for generating income and getting the brand out there but if you are doing it for fun then I wouldn't worry.

It won't really hinder your growth because most people won't be searching your channel directly, it'll be the videos you put out. Give it another few months and see whats happens.

• Love

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We spent 1 whole year unable to be indexed on YouTube due to our channel name.. so we had to change it. If you are not able to be searched at all, and you've been doing this for a while... it doesn't hurt to change your name at all.

For some reason Two Girls One Mukbang was too close to Two Girls One Cup.. (that entire phrase will NOT come up in auto-complete) LOLOL!!

• Love