• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help I have a problem. Monetization. Please help me.

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have already stopped 2x monetization. 1 month each time. Is it dangerous to close my canal?
I don't think I got any Strike.

Attachments

• Screenshot (98).jpg
    Screenshot (98).jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot (99).jpg
    Screenshot (99).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 144

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is it possible to provide a screenshot in English? Not sure how much help we can be without knowing any more context as to what's going on in that screenshot unfortunately

Reactions: Scicel69
OP
OP
Scicel69

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't have the same shots. In some it is just cut and mixed.
Can they close my channel?

Is it possible to provide a screenshot in English? Not sure how much help we can be without knowing any more context as to what's going on in that screenshot unfortunately

Attachments

• Screenshot (99).jpg
    Screenshot (99).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 132

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In the English screenshot you sent.... Point 2... Edit your channel and then re-apply for monetization. So that means ANY of the content that you have that is "reused" content, you are going to have to eliminate or not monetize, as it's not your content.

It doesn't seem like they are dinging you for Copyright infringement... but IF your video was monetized, it's sounding like that could be a big possibility.

Reactions: Damon and Scicel69
OP
OP
Scicel69

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In the English screenshot you sent.... Point 2... Edit your channel and then re-apply for monetization. So that means ANY of the content that you have that is "reused" content, you are going to have to eliminate or not monetize, as it's not your content.

It doesn't seem like they are dinging you for Copyright infringement... but IF your video was monetized, it's sounding like that could be a big possibility.
Do I have to delete correctly? Can I have them in private?

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We felt due to the delay in our monetization, that we had a few videos we thought were holding up our monetization process (they never informed us), so we made a decision to delete them. But that was our decision during our process, and we had well over 4000 watch time... as videos you delete, you lose the watch time towards your YPP!

The question is... are these videos going to make a difference whether someone watches your channel or not, or going to take a lot of your watch time away? If the answer is no... and you are unable to monetize them anyway.. why not delete them. If they are going to take a huge chunk of your watch time... there is a possibility that could set you back in monetization if it lowers you below the 4K/1K requirements.. But keep in mind 4K hours of watch time have to be "public" hours.

This YouTube Support thread has a decent explanation:

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Scicel69

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We felt due to the delay in our monetization, that we had a few videos we thought were holding up our monetization process (they never informed us), so we made a decision to delete them. But that was our decision during our process, and we had well over 4000 watch time... as videos you delete, you lose the watch time towards your YPP!

The question is... are these videos going to make a difference whether someone watches your channel or not, or going to take a lot of your watch time away? If the answer is no... and you are unable to monetize them anyway.. why not delete them. If they are going to take a huge chunk of your watch time... there is a possibility that could set you back in monetization if it lowers you below the 4K/1K requirements.. But keep in mind 4K hours of watch time have to be "public" hours.

This YouTube Support thread has a decent explanation:

Hope that helps!
Thank you for everithing. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Bears and Butters

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
God only knows what reused content actually means. Back in 2018 everyone in my niche was getting hit with reused content as I did. Everyone else got their channels remonetized because youtube told them it was a bug. Unfortunately for me, they ignored me for 2 years after reapplying for monetization. I had hidden everything that they might have thought was reused content and that didn't matter. Another guy who got the same error had deleted his videos he because he thought it meant the same thing I did and his hours disappeared with them. He somehow got back his monetization. They still ignored my requests. Everyone else got remonetized though. So I don't even know what "reused content" really means anymore.

OP
OP
Scicel69

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
God only knows what reused content actually means. Back in 2018 everyone in my niche was getting hit with reused content as I did. Everyone else got their channels remonetized because youtube told them it was a bug. Unfortunately for me, they ignored me for 2 years after reapplying for monetization. I had hidden everything that they might have thought was reused content and that didn't matter. Another guy who got the same error had deleted his videos he because he thought it meant the same thing I did and his hours disappeared with them. He somehow got back his monetization. They still ignored my requests. Everyone else got remonetized though. So I don't even know what "reused content" really means anymore.
So itΓÇÖs not enough to turn videos on privat. Is it necessary to delete correctly?

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I went through this same issue before I got monetized in April. I first applied in March and got denied for reused content, so I went through my videos across my channel and deleted all videos that had copyrighted music used within them. Some of those videos I just replaced the audio to remove the claim using the YouTube audio library. I may have lost over 1.1 million views on my channel deleting all those videos, but now I am monetized to it was absolutely worth it.

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
So itΓÇÖs not enough to turn videos on privat. Is it necessary to delete correctly?
I have no idea. I haven't been remonetized yet and they never answered my questions. All I know as of right now is they do not count unlisted, private, or deleted videos in the 4000 hours this includes regular videos, premieres, and livestreams.

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
I went through this same issue before I got monetized in April. I first applied in March and got denied for reused content, so I went through my videos across my channel and deleted all videos that had copyrighted music used within them. Some of those videos I just replaced the audio to remove the claim using the YouTube audio library. I may have lost over 1.1 million views on my channel deleting all those videos, but now I am monetized to it was absolutely worth it.

When they flagged me for reused content I had no copyright claims or strikes. People were saying there was a bug because they all got remonetized.

Reactions: Scicel69

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Reused content is ANY content online that is your NOT original content. So that means if you are taking someone's video and using it as yours.. that is reused content. YouTube won't even look at your channel if you don't have the hours/subs to make monetization, so if you had nothing but "reused" content, it may take you a while to get those hours back... as YouTube will not permit or consider them for your monetization.

On YouTube you need 1000 Subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time to get monetized. The duration it takes for you to get monetized after meeting the requirements can be anywhere from a day or two.. to several months. We had to wait 5 months after meeting our requirements to get monetized. Once you are monetized you cannot receive any money until your account reaches $100 dollars. Then you will be paid direct deposit or however you have your payment set up. There is none of this "three months" stuff to monetize.

You can get flagged at any time for any content that is deemed not yours. Hope that helps clarify a few peoples questions/concerns.

Reactions: Damon

denisbroad

There is a list of questions channel creators often ask. Why can't I enable this feature even though my channel meets all the requirements? What are the icons for? What happens if the channel is no longer compliant? I stopped worrying about this a long time ago. I'm past that period. There are times when I get bored of it all and play games to make money. It calms me down, and it's much more rewarding than just being nervous and wondering why I got monetization cut off for videos. So don't worry about it, and if you do, this comment was purely for psychological support.

Last edited:

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
Reused content is ANY content online that is your NOT original content. So that means if you are taking someone's video and using it as yours.. that is reused content. YouTube won't even look at your channel if you don't have the hours/subs to make monetization, so if you had nothing but "reused" content, it may take you a while to get those hours back... as YouTube will not permit or consider them for your monetization.

On YouTube you need 1000 Subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time to get monetized. The duration it takes for you to get monetized after meeting the requirements can be anywhere from a day or two.. to several months. We had to wait 5 months after meeting our requirements to get monetized. Once you are monetized you cannot receive any money until your account reaches $100 dollars. Then you will be paid direct deposit or however you have your payment set up. There is none of this "three months" stuff to monetize.

You can get flagged at any time for any content that is deemed not yours. Hope that helps clarify a few peoples questions/concerns.

That is actually not true. Reused content is content that you have copied and not made changes to make it artistically different. I can take pieces of stories, music, and videos and make them into content that is not considered reused content. If I just took another video and uploaded it without changes with or without permission then it would be reused content and possibly with a copyright strike if used without permission.

I am doing the same thing I was doing when they had that fiasco. They eventually reset my channel after they ignored it for 3 or 4 years to zero and I was monetized within 6 to 8 months after doing the same thing I was doing before. I was lost in the cracks somehow. Finally fixed. As long as I have permission to use it or it is in the creative commons or public domain, I use other people's content sometimes, I just modify it to fit my channel. TV movies do it all of the time.