• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Comparing your channel

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Does anybody find themselves comoaring their YT channel to others and just been totally fustrated. Especially when you know you are putting in more effort in terms of quality and consistency?
ITS REALLY SAD SOMETIMES

Reactions: CRYPTODROPZ

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yessss omg it hurts. I think especially if I feel like my videos are of a similar standard/quality but views etc are dramatically different. Or even if people do no SEO at all but their videos blow up

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Every now and then I do, but in the end the only person you should be camparing your channel with is yourself. How do your recent videos compare to videos you posted earlier in the year.

There's no harm in studying, analysing what others in your niche do to see what the general style and themes that work are, but don't compare views and subscriber counts. I take inspiration from others in the art world, then see if I can add anything to it or add my own spin.

Cynwri

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes! I know I'm new to making videos, but I just keep watching other channels bring in so many more views. I know patience is needed, it's just hard some days to have it.

• Love

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We used to feel like that when we first started, but learned that we just need to let any of that frustration fuel your desire to keep making better videos. All the hard knocks along the way, certainly give you a trial by fire!! LOLOL Be happy for the people who are doing well, and look at what they're doing to have their success. :)

BeannyYT

Subscriber Goal
I still do this frequently and it does still get me down, the best thing to do is try and restrain yourself from looking at others and just focus on what you are doing :)

Reactions: Cynwri

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yes... we all do this. But you need to be very mindful of what you are looking at when you do so. It is basically impossible to get a true comparison to another channel. You don't know if they have 1,000 family members supporting their channel before it ever even published it's first video. You don't know if their next door neighbor has a channel with 2.4 million subscribers and they got a shout-out early on (this isn't even a joke... my neighbor has 2.4 million subs lol). You don't know if they bought subs or views, or if they accidently got a single hit video once four years ago, if they are really skilled at Optimization, if this is their tenth channel or if they had a huge following on Social Media before they ever joined YouTube.

Reactions: Cynwri