• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question When is it ok to ask a fellow youtuber for a collaboration with them having a huge subs count compared to yours?

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
I do dj mixes with a music video with cool visuals to go with it for over a year now. We have a small channel which is fine by me, since I do most of the work by myself. Well I have been experiment in with a new genre for no reason but my own and my surprise my channel has been really digging it and got me more views and subs out of nowhere.. all this new music I discovered off of the fellow YouTuber it was listening to her for about a half a year and then they decide to try it out myself not knowing anything about it. Well I guess I'm pretty good or got lucky at it .I am even impressing my self and I have been doing dj for 22 yrs now. So I've been wanting to ask her if she would want to do a collab maybe together we make a song or spin a mix together or anything something like that. But she's at a hundred k subscribers and I feel a little intimidated sending her a message with only 51 but a year ago she had the same surprise subscriber count as I did so puts it in perspective .. I should just man up, so when is a good time and how do you do it and what do you say? I just dont wanted to ask her and she doesn't even get back to me and then I just feel embarrassed

OP
OP
DjVADER

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
Yes I know I should there is also another thing. She's is from Poland and I'm from Canada and I don't speak a lick of Polish and I am man and I don't want her to think doing it for "guy" reasons which I am not but just thought it would be cool to work with the person that got me into it when I didn't even know anything about the style of music till I watched her Channel and now I'm doing it and getting Success With It

kallendiggs

TubeBuddy User
Anytime is always okay. Recently, I collaborated with a female YouTuber who had 5x more subscribers than me. We're both still under 1,000 subscribers, but I think the advantage for her was contributing to her growth by including diverse perspectives from other expats.