• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Strange views on short

Hi All,

Has anyone seen this happen before? One of my short videos were getting somewhere 3 to 20 views per hour for the last couple of days and then all of a sudden this morning, between 6AM and 7AM, it received 399 views. The next hour I received 4 views then there has been absolutely zero views since then. Does this make sense at all?

Cheers

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
It makes complete sense. Just wait until one randomly gets added to the shorts shelf a second time and all of a sudden you have 10000 views overnight. Shorts are very unpredictable in their views and view patterns.

Reactions: tthayer

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi All,

Has anyone seen this happen before? One of my short videos were getting somewhere 3 to 20 views per hour for the last couple of days and then all of a sudden this morning, between 6AM and 7AM, it received 399 views. The next hour I received 4 views then there has been absolutely zero views since then. Does this make sense at all?

Cheers
Welcome to shorts! Lol
I've taken screengrabs of all my observations because the graphs that the shorts traffic leaves is fascinating. First time it happened I had a mild panic attack because I thought some bots were attacking my video lol, then I realised that's just how the shorts shelf works. I'm waiting to see if another one of my shorts hits the shorts shelf 2or more times because theoretically you should get a bit of a step ladder effect in your analytics graphs :)
Screenshot (6444).png

Screenshot (7765).png

shorts shelf again2.PNG

Reactions: tthayer
OP
OP
tthayer
Thanks for sharing those. I was looking at impressions vs views and was wondering about that as well but your graphs show the same thing. Far less impressions than views. Guess I am need to learn the world of shorts. LOL

Reactions: Beanie Draws