• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Please review: What I eat + groceries - weekend vlog

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Kindred
Title of thread: Please review: What I eat + groceries - weekend vlog
Self review: I have a new intro which I'm super excited to include in this video. I have also edited it in a way which is aesthetic and gives variety (VoiceOver, music and me actually talking). I have tried to also make it snappier and include more transitions. Is there anything that I should blatantly do differently? What do you think of the editing style?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/Wa-LRJ4gkbg

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/40737/post-129275

Reactions: naress91

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I've seen a few of your videos in the past, so I can definitely see the changes and improvements. I think the pacing is much better. I like the cut outs and call outs. Do be careful that it doesn't become too much. But I think you will settle in on that as you play around with it more.

Audio was good. Clear and easy to understand.

I still find the thumbnail to be a bit busy and the cursive font is really hard to read at small sizes. I get the aesthetic you are going for, but it still hurts legibility.

Cool to see you mixing it up and trying different things!

OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much for your advice - I completely get what you mean about the call outs etc being a bit too much at times - I think I just got a bit excited ahaha.

I'm glad you noticed the changes I've made to my videos over time. It's tricky to strike the balance of clarity and style in my thumbnails - something I need to work on as I want to portray a specific branding/image but understand that it can be illegible at times.

I'm happy to hear that the pacing is better - I can't believe it took me so long to figure out that human attention span is small and constantly needs changes of image/text/music rather than a long and consistent clip.

Cynwri

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your video is very well done! Your editing was smooth. The only time it went too fast was where it said getting away with murder. I didn't have enough time to read all of the text. Your home is beautiful and makes a wonderful background. A couple of times the volume was a little low, but you have a great speaking voice. I love that you you don't have a lot of umms and ahhhs when you are talking. I love the look of cursive writing. It looks well placed with your video. Now my con for the cursive writing- if you are looking to pick up viewers around your age from the states... please know that cursive is basically becoming obsolete here. I have an 18 year old and 16 year old that can barely read it. It is an embarrassing issue that are schools are not keeping it as part of the education, however something you may want to consider as these ages may grow into your future subscribers. Over all- I enjoyed the video!

OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your video is very well done! Your editing was smooth. The only time it went too fast was where it said getting away with murder. I didn't have enough time to read all of the text. Your home is beautiful and makes a wonderful background. A couple of times the volume was a little low, but you have a great speaking voice. I love that you you don't have a lot of umms and ahhhs when you are talking. I love the look of cursive writing. It looks well placed with your video. Now my con for the cursive writing- if you are looking to pick up viewers around your age from the states... please know that cursive is basically becoming obsolete here. I have an 18 year old and 16 year old that can barely read it. It is an embarrassing issue that are schools are not keeping it as part of the education, however something you may want to consider as these ages may grow into your future subscribers. Over all- I enjoyed the video!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the video and that you liked my home :) - I didn't realise the whole thing about cursive writing!!! -very interesting and something I will consider from now on. I also agree that the 'how to get away..' bit was a tad too fast. Thanks for providing me with some good development points :)

Miwa Kaur

www.miwakaur.com
Subscriber Goal
I enjoyed watching your video especially since I am vegan as well (whole food plant based to be exact). You brand yourself well - warm, friendly and inviting. Consistent look and feel in thumbnails. Great job in editing. This is just my personal preference but I would love to see how you prepare meal and snack, even just a bit. Maybe that is because my channel is about WFPB recipes hence that's where my interests are :) Over all you are doing well!

OP
OP
Kindred

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I enjoyed watching your video especially since I am vegan as well (whole food plant based to be exact). You brand yourself well - warm, friendly and inviting. Consistent look and feel in thumbnails. Great job in editing. This is just my personal preference but I would love to see how you prepare meal and snack, even just a bit. Maybe that is because my channel is about WFPB recipes hence that's where my interests are :) Over all you are doing well!

Thanks so much for your advice!! I’ll definitely be taking it on! I’m so glad you enjoyed my video too ☺️

Reactions: Miwa Kaur