• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Thoughts on my channel please

GrowYourDough

User name: GrowYourDough
Title of thread: Thoughts on my channel please
Self review: Hi thanks for looking at my post and for any feedback on my channel. I've only recently started my channel and it's been a steep learning curve. So many challenges. I think the quality of the videos I'm producing now are much better than the initial ones in terms of lighting, audio and editing. The specific challenges I'm facing are: 1) that my main video introducing the concept of Factor Based Investing is long and detailed BUT I over edited it. Music is too loud. Should I just leave it now or should I re-edit it and re-upload? 2) I will be presenting different approaches to investing and also they will be for different markets. For example for a passive investor there is one approach (which I might call Cuckoo - makes a deposit and trusts someone else to nurture it) and for an active investor there is another approach (Hummingbird) and each of these approaches can be apllied to UK, US, European, Indian markets, etc. So I wondered if I use my thumbnails to give a consistent message, e.g. UK passive is a UK flag in background with my face and a Cuckoo whilst US active is US flag with my face & Hummingbird. Any pointers to other channels that achive this successfully would be gratefully received.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIE-3cVXxz5fg5BR-GHjzOg
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/40227/post-128538

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think you have a strong sense of branding as your thumbnails are consistent so it's easy to recognise the videos as yours. I noticed one of your videos has done exceptionally well in comparison to the others (800+ views) - it might be worth thinking about how this video differs to the others and making more of that kind (topic, format, SEO etc).

I agree that your main video is slightly too long and the music is too loud. I wouldn't delete and reupload but maybe you could create a series of shorter segments with the desired level of volume. I like that you have your face in your thumbnails too as it adds a personal touch which entices people to click onto the video more. The text is easy to read too.

I think you talk clearly in your videos, great for someone who has little knowledge of the topic (like me).

• Love
Reactions: GrowYourDough
OP
OP
GrowYourDough

GrowYourDough

Hi Kindred,

Many thanks for your generous comments.

You're right that one video (my main advertising tool) has received a lot of interest as I paid for some ad words to push it into related finance channels. What I found was there was a reasonable click through but the viewers weren't my ideal target viewer so enagement wasn't great. That said I got quite a few subscribers to hopefully get me started.

When I get the content in front of the right viewers I could good engagement.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and good luck with your channel

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
Your thumbnails need better lighting and they are a bit blurry. Same with your video, work on your lighting. What ever you are doing is making you really really red. Lastly, maybe a bit more enthusiasm when talking. The last thing you want is for someone to fall asleep when they are watching. Hope that helps!

LungaLNR

Subscriber Goal
You have a good channel but it needs some more time on it and on editing,and the thumbnail need the quality to attract new reviews but averall its a dope channel

spacie

there has been a lot of new interest in stocks recently so i think your channel has the perfect opportunity to grow. for thumbnails, simple images will do better than words, because people are more likely to gloss over your thumbnail when other videos are competing for attention. but in your videos subtitles can help keep interested viewers watching, because reading is an active activity and watching and just listening are passive. i know that sounds contrary to what i said about thumbnails, but its different when the viewer has audio paired with words and has already expressed interest in the topic by clicking on a video. and for your intros you could have lots of images that help give the viewer a clear idea of what your talking about, so then they are more likely to stick around. otherwise, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on this topic and this channel has a lot of potential

Reactions: LungaLNR

iFarrag

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hello, your channel layout is very neat, your thumbnails are consistent but maybe try to change the background colours to match the text & make your face more visible, add a video watermark with a subscribe button from the branding page, try to change your tone a little might help as well & work more on lighting. I wouldn't recommend deleting a video as you'll lose those views, maybe create a better version. I've also noticed that longer videos gets you more views so this might be something you want to consider. all the best :)