• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Adding your videos to playlists

Apps

Recognized Member
m.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is it a good practice to add all my videos to playlists?

And does it affect my channel in terms of video searching?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Best if you categorize your playlist depending on the contents and make sure you fill up the playlist description too. Also playlist could be show up on search result, so that's a good thing

Reactions: Apps

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What a coincidence! TubeBuddy has a video from pretty recently about playlists

View: https://youtu.be/caQ23DazbQk

Playlists are searchable, and I'm noticing they're getting recommended to me more and more these days, so it makes sense to put your videos, including old videos, in playlists. In the past YouTube counted the creation of a playlist as actual activity which did help your channel in terms of new content. Not sure if that's the case these days, but playlists are always good, especially for binge watching sessions.

You can also customise your channel page to have a bunch of custom playlists on your front home page so it makes your channel look even more thought out.

playlists.PNG

As you can see here, playlists ARE a traffic source, and contributed over 5000 views to my overall channel over a month.
Definitely use them.

Reactions: Apps