• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Can I make YouTube my all time business for revenue?

The Storm is coming

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well looking at your channel you really to get started by experimenting with videos and seeing what works. Yes youtube can be your full time revenue but only rely on adsense and YT in general is not a good idea. one click and your years of work at youtube can be vanished

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Your channel would need to be fairly large and have to be performing really well to feel comfortable that your youtube channel is going to be enough to support you and your family financially. Even then though, for me anyway, I would never rely on YouTube to be my only source of income under any circumstance because you never know when one day YouTube might decide to vanish. If that were to happen you would be suddenly left with no income. Always have a backup plan.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Anything is possible with the right approach and the right mindset. Are you happy to put all your effort in for at least 5 years. A career is life long, and some channels take years to start getting traction then start making really good income. In the time it takes to build up your business, I recommend studying the business of YouTube and brands and sponsorship. If you want to treat YouTube as a business, it's a good idea to understand business in general. Roberto Blake is a fantastic reference for business mindset as is Gary Vee.

XtremeJam87

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Of course it is possible but it will most likely take a fair bit of hard work and time. The payoff for this would be huge though if you keep at it
You can then look at selling merchandise and etc if you become very popular so your options are potentially limitless.

• Love
Reactions: Ltsrcktechies

Ltsrcktechies

Anbu Sketch
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What's Your Product?

My Product are my designs. In my case both my Actual Job and YouTube Are in perfect sink, i design 3D models of interior for my clients and post my videos on YouTube for them to see..

if your same as me then its easy for us.. im using Youtube to boost my business...

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think it is important to realize one thing - almost no person on YouTube is making a living off of AdSense revenue. It is not realistic to believe you will make a living simply creating and uploading content to YouTube and collecting the AdSense money.

But, if you can gain an audience - not subscribers, but an audience - then you can do a lot of things to monetize that audience. That ranges from product placement, affiliate sales, pattern (or similar), Merck sales, etc. Most of the people that make a living on YouTube make their living that way. They are not depending on AdSense revenue.

Then there are several of us here that make a living where YouTube is a small part of it, but definitely a source of revenue. Those are people that have businesses and use YouTube for advertising, community building and outreach.