• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice POSTING and Challenges?

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hey everyone!

So I would like to post two videos a week because I want to start a challenge for the second day. But, I am struggling with this. The reason why is my main video takes up so much time editing at this point. I spend 8 to 16 hours on editing depending on the length of the video and the number of cuts etc. So I have a financial channel and I was thinking that one extra video either each week or every two weeks or an extra video once a month would be another interaction point for my audience.

Can you all guide me here, should I start with one extra video per month. I currently do weekly videos. Then ramp it up later to an extra one every two weeks? I was thinking a challenge series on stocks, or on crypto or on budgeting.

All your thoughts would be appreciated!

Oh, context, I'm a dad with many kids lol (10) and I work full time. These are the beautiful things that take up a lot of time. So I was thinking that extra video could be like 5 to 8 mins.

Cheers
Nate

OP
OP
nate polmateer

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hmm. I would say it would depend on your viewers. Have you thought of perhaps taking some of your longer videos and perhaps making mini clip videos out of those?
It seems to be a new trending thing to create mini-clips.

You know I never really thought of those mini clips, that's a Great Idea! Thanks for the suggestion.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Do what you can within reason. Adding content to our channel is going to help, but not at the cost of your sanity. Personally I follow a similar pattern; fully-edited videos one day and then a second, shorter video later in the week. These are usually in the form of a livestream, a Shorts video, the 'cook' portion of a 'catch and cook' episode (I do fishing videos) or a tutorial. But even then I strive not to stress about hitting that second mark every week. I don't even stress the first; quality content is key and when I can batch I do but if I have to miss a deadline 2-3 timers per year for the sake of quality or mental health I do.