• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question I get views and subs even likes but would it kill them make a comment and give a little feedback thats all i have wanted for over year now

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
I am DJ and i play definetly a more undergroundish music, so i dont expect huge numbers and I am happy with what me and my son get as of now, but since i came out of a 12 yr retirement to teach my son how to DJ. I hae been looking forward to the younger crowd giving me a little bit of feedback and more importantly My son some feedback. So he hears somebody other than his father. I know he's doing good I know I have talent. Had talent years ago and well things get better with age. but seeem to always get views the likes and subscribers and the rare occasion I'll get one comment I waited over four months for one once.. what can I do since, I am just playing the music and make a crazy hour long music video to go with it. what else can I do to get people to comment besides writing a comment as an overlay during the video. I don't speak during it and I don't come on camera i am a faceless creator and prefer it that way... any suggestions?

Last edited:

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you tried leaving anything in your description encouraging people who watch to leave you feedback or a comment? Additionally... have you tried leaving any questions and "pinning" it on your new videos... those are little subtle ways you can engage the audience. It may not help in all niches, but it could help.

• Love
Reactions: DjVADER
OP
OP
DjVADER

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
Have you tried leaving anything in your description encouraging people who watch to leave you feedback or a comment? Additionally... have you tried leaving any questions and "pinning" it on your new videos... those are little subtle ways you can engage the audience. It may not help in all niches, but it could help.
I have in done the I'm scription thing many times with no such luck lot ofviews come from eastern block of Europe so there might be a language barrier since I speak primarily English but I've also even tried translating and give him appropriate language. I never thought of the pools thing though so that is new so thank you. and it's just seems like my nice crowd is not very interactive.. but I'm gonna give that other suggestion to go for sure because I'm willing to try whatever

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have in done the I'm scription thing many times with no such luck lot ofviews come from eastern block of Europe so there might be a language barrier since I speak primarily English but I've also even tried translating and give him appropriate language. I never thought of the pools thing though so that is new so thank you. and it's just seems like my nice crowd is not very interactive.. but I'm gonna give that other suggestion to go for sure because I'm willing to try whatever

Not sure if you are creating your own music from scratch, or if you're re-mixing other artists music, but for example... We use music from the creator.. Ikson. We were subscribed to him when he didn't even have 500 subs, and were using his music in our vlogs. As all of his personally created music, he will share with the community... now he has over 390,000 subs, and even was contacted by producers. He creates tropical house, and upbeat vlog music. He allows everyone to use his music (WITH CREDITS) in their vlogs.

This can be a great way to get yourself out there, especially if you don't have a large following yet.

You may want to reach out to other people in your niche and network with them... or collaborate with them, or get them to listen to your music and give you feedback, and vice versa!!

One thing I noticed, is that your Thumbnails have no standardization and seem a bit cluttered in some cases, and hard to read, and we're on PC. So if one of your vids came up in our feed, and we watched it, and another song came up in our feed... we may not recognize it as your brand, or not want to read so much text/font in the thumbnail. Remember your thumbnail and title are KEY to getting the audience to click. The bigger audience you have, the more feedback you're likely to get.

You have a very small channel right now, and you're getting more views than you have subscribers, so that's a good thing. Just keep on doing what you love, and the following, and criticism will follow!! :)

Last edited:

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Do you have calls to action in your videos? Like comment below on this thing. Or what are your thoughts on this drop a comment below. Sorry haven't seen your video yet I'll check it out and give you feedback.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

Yeah, I'm not sure why not If I listen to track through youtube I rarely comment. But maybe you just need to come in mid video with a crazy deep voice and say something like Comment below what else you like or something like that?

OP
OP
DjVADER

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
Not sure if you are creating your own music from scratch, or if you're re-mixing other artists music, but for example... We use music from the creator.. Ikson. We were subscribed to him when he didn't even have 500 subs, and were using his music in our vlogs. As all of his personally created music, he will share with the community... now he has over 390,000 subs, and even was contacted by producers. He creates tropical house, and upbeat vlog music. He allows everyone to use his music (WITH CREDITS) in their vlogs.

This can be a great way to get yourself out there, especially if you don't have a large following yet.

You may want to reach out to other people in your niche and network with them... or collaborate with them, or get them to listen to your music and give you feedback, and vice versa!!

One thing I noticed, is that your Thumbnails have no standardization and seem a bit cluttered in some cases, and hard to read, and we're on PC. So if one of your vids came up in our feed, and we watched it, and another song came up in our feed... we may not recognize it as your brand, or not want to read so much text/font in the thumbnail. Remember your thumbnail and title are KEY to getting the audience to click. The bigger audience you have, the more feedback you're likely to get.

You have a very small channel right now, and you're getting more views than you have subscribers, so that's a good thing. Just keep on doing what you love, and the following, and criticism will follow!! :)
I apologize in advance people this is all done by dictation invoice as I cook dinner ...I am 40 and this is for fun for almost 15 years earlier in my youth I already did all this without YouTube I toured, I did the live shows, I had a weekly radio show like I've had my little spotlight in the sun. I retired for 12 years when my son was born I told him all about my glory days you know and one day he came up to me and asked me if I could teach him and it was a dream come true something I've always wanted but never pushed so I jumped on it and he want to spread the word so we started YT Page I'm doing it all for my kid and I love for the music and most num,ber1 I love spending that time with my son every week that we do a set together and then I get to make the video with him it's something I look forward too .I I want my son to get a little bit feedback other than his father 'cause that's all he has right now and has been for a year and I would have thought it would happen by now but we got our first compliment on the video late couple weeks ago I made my night too bad it was at like 2 in the morning my son sleeping . I already know I don't need the recognition or pat on the back i love get my son out thewre cuz got talent but i am old compared most djs nowadays sometimes ... About your your question we do original music and mix other peoples we do both I just play like I used too every video gets copyrighted I'm not gonna make any money I already know that and my type of music small niche you know what I'm happy with the numbers I have. Any get better everyday but I'm not in it for the numbers. I was happy just one person listen to it let alone like 4000 totalview roughly i think. The sad thing in the club scene n the rave scene the type of people that associate with my music are usually consider snobs at least in my neck of the Woods which was the second biggest scene in the world or at least used to be. I'm not doing this for fame or fortune or anything like that I already had my time with this stuff years ago I played in front of 30,000 people I don't need anymore recognition than that. When I do start up my next channel which is will be all the movies and stuff once movies come back for real. I might have a different tune and I will be going for you know no Copyright strikes and stuff like that and using descriptions and going all out but right now like this is fun and I love to video edit I did high school n college but like and until a year ago I quit computers so like I didn't touch windows till last december for at least a decade so I'm learning so much new stuff again, some things I do with animation, graphics and pictures and like all this stuff blows everybody I know mind and they don't know how I do it. The knowledge and skills I've learned is all the payment. about the thumbnails part , i know some are terrible some are not I love the criticism um I'll pass it on to my other thumbnailed designer and we'll see what we can do he doesn't have as much skill as I do different is can we have a theme for each setfor each video and thumbnail reflects that. We're doing something different than the rest of our people and our niece mostly most people just put up a poster or picture and their music and that's it. we're trying to do something different give it some sort of visual to go along with it too 'cause that's what I was wanted when I watched it why am I looking at the same stupid picture for an hour so that's that's kind of are schtick and with my prior knowledge of the skills it was a no brainer but I if I get more of the same complaint then I'll take it into consideration that I'm wrong and everybody just wants the same thing but it was in our description of our channel but somebody enter somebody watch is our videos else are for logo flashing plus the watermark it's it's plastered all over it so they can't tell us for brand recognition then well I can't help them like how my avatar here is even got her old logo on it on my T shirt there like I plastered at crap everywhere so and and if people can't read my description which right under thumbnail and the watermark throughout the whole thing andthe logo flashes throughout video large taking most of the screen constantly judge and judge our brand and no I ran from that I know I'm sorry I can't help them 'cause I plastered everywhere throughout the video , well thats on them then left on them and come to listen to music and don't care about who made it what the video is or anything like that that's what I'm stuck in 'cause I know for a fact 'cause I was one of them but some do, sometimes makes me question the amount of effort and time I put into some of these ones as I spread it jokes and stuff throughout it as well I think it's a fun time if they actually sit down watch the video sometimes. No reason I'm asking this question is sick maybe get a little ideas that I can maybe I didn't think of so far so good thank you I appreciate it

OP
OP
DjVADER

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
Do you have calls to action in your videos? Like comment below on this thing. Or what are your thoughts on this drop a comment below. Sorry haven't seen your video yet I'll check it out and give you feedback.
called action is this the first time ever heard of it I just had it set up like it set up drop a comment I don't even say anything I just like being a faceless person is that a 12 year old with me doing it and I don't want him on the Internet and I just like doinge3 crazy videos to watch 2 crazy music, and there's a common function that's already there that's all I know

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I feel you - I’ve noticed slightly more interaction recently but would love even more people to comment as often it’s the same few people that do - although I love my little community ahaha ☺️

• Love

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it's probably the niche, and the viewing habits and HOW people use your content. Music probably works differently to lots of other types of content, I very rarely ever feel the need to comment on music, I put it on to listen to in the background and get on with what I'm doing while listening to music.

You could always try to have a call to action at the start of the video, maybe not an audio intro, but a visual overlay saying "share your thoughts and feedback in the comments and I'll reply directly to you" or something along those line. You could also start the video for a few seconds explaining who you are, that you're a dj, and you'd love to hear the feedback or suggestions for other mixes in the comments" There's a channel called Brioni Faith who used to do things like that at the start of her videos, giving a quick intro. But perhaps you might just be better off getting straight to the music and leaving it at that.

Also, don't forget you can ask for feedback/comments in a pinned comment. On mobile and some other devices, you still sometimes see the comments pop up and having a pinned comment asking for feedback can sometimes be a good incentive to get people in the comments.

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
I usually don't comment when I watch youtube videos. Even my favorite youtubers. Unless I really really really have something to say. So don't get discouraged if someone is not commenting.

The only advice I can give is in the community tab, do things like polls and ask questions. I did a poll and I got tons of comments and votes, more than any of my videos.

I follow Mr. Beast and watch most of his video, I have never commented once on his videos. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy his videos.

OP
OP
DjVADER

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
I think it's probably the niche, and the viewing habits and HOW people use your content. Music probably works differently to lots of other types of content, I very rarely ever feel the need to comment on music, I put it on to listen to in the background and get on with what I'm doing while listening to music.

You could always try to have a call to action at the start of the video, maybe not an audio intro, but a visual overlay saying "share your thoughts and feedback in the comments and I'll reply directly to you" or something along those line. You could also start the video for a few seconds explaining who you are, that you're a dj, and you'd love to hear the feedback or suggestions for other mixes in the comments" There's a channel called Brioni Faith who used to do things like that at the start of her videos, giving a quick intro. But perhaps you might just be better off getting straight to the music and leaving it at that.

Also, don't forget you can ask for feedback/comments in a pinned comment. On mobile and some other devices, you still sometimes see the comments pop up and having a pinned comment asking for feedback can sometimes be a good incentive to get people in the comments.
Thank You i did not know that about pinned commen.h just between you and me I'm not good I'm kinda new to this stuff and I'm not very good with computers, i used to web desing using html back but i took a 15 yr break and just got back on computers about a year ago when I started this up so I've had a lot of catching up to do let's just say. so I'll get there eventually and I got a lot better than last year but yeah I was wondering what the heck what it was 4, I thought it was silly. I knew it served a purpose though and I knew one day I figured it out so thanks and I I will be implementing that my next video for sure thanks and thanks for the tip

OP
OP
DjVADER

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
I usually don't comment when I watch youtube videos. Even my favorite youtubers. Unless I really really really have something to say. So don't get discouraged if someone is not commenting.

The only advice I can give is in the community tab, do things like polls and ask questions. I did a poll and I got tons of comments and votes, more than any of my videos.

I follow Mr. Beast and watch most of his video, I have never commented once on his videos. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy his videos.
thanks man i know i am not down about they hit the like button so i got that at least, and I'm dying to see my partner in crime my son get his come first compliment from Sam's total stranger and then it's gonna make his day and he will be awesome but I want to come naturally and you know 'cause he only does certain sections or like certain videos with me and so like no one ever knows when he's on a not but he does and he watch is the videos and keeps up tabs to see if he ever gets a comp complement but no one ever does but if he does have the talent now just wait for it to see that you know what I mean so I know with my cell music this and people are not gonna do too much comments unless you really like it and most of my commentors and yours are from you either England or eastern bloc Europe and well I'm from Canada so I speak English and yeah frankly I don't even know the countries I don't know exactly what language they speak so I don't even know how to communicate I tried a couple times doing research and finding out the exact language most of them I was right but you never know and I did it 3 times and no one ever engaged and then those people that were watching from those countries talked for couple weeks and then came back so I was like maybe I'm insulted them so I decided not to do it anymore dying I like to talk to you so that doesn't help as you can see with most of these comments in the thread silly Canadians . Look at it like the same way you do, like I don't comment on too many videos and less it's called for or lately I've been doing it more often 'cause I want the comments on doing it the other peoples for some same thing kind of is me and it's only when I see like a cool visual or something like that something I know and similar to mine but I do all the work myself with the animations and videos and me basically an hour long music video which is at work trust me for an old guy that just wants to have a nap so you know only one person is ever complemented on it set my friends and family stuff account and they do it in person

Reactions: Avocado

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Oh man... if you want comments you gotta seed them. Ask questions... give them an opportunity to be a part of the experience! It really helps to give the viewer the first step towards engagement.

Subscriber Goal
I am DJ and i play definetly a more undergroundish music, so i dont expect huge numbers and I am happy with what me and my son get as of now, but since i came out of a 12 yr retirement to teach my son how to DJ. I hae been looking forward to the younger crowd giving me a little bit of feedback and more importantly My son some feedback. So he hears somebody other than his father. I know he's doing good I know I have talent. Had talent years ago and well things get better with age. but seeem to always get views the likes and subscribers and the rare occasion I'll get one comment I waited over four months for one once.. what can I do since, I am just playing the music and make a crazy hour long music video to go with it. what else can I do to get people to comment besides writing a comment as an overlay during the video. I don't speak during it and I don't come on camera i am a faceless creator and prefer it that way... any suggestions?

patience young grasshopper all in good time. It will happen sooner or later. We canΓÇÖt force anyone to say anything or make them like our videos. Yes I feel all of us want the attention right away but like I was told from someone who is known really big on YouTube said to me. ItΓÇÖs a marathon not a 5k and keep posting. DonΓÇÖt give up and just relax. Everyone has to get to know you and they will warm up to ya.

Nick Moody

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
YOu're lucky...I don't get views, likes or subscribers lol!!! Very frustrating as appear to be doing everything "root" - thumbnails, end screens etc. Just hoping one day one video will go viral lol. Keep at it mate!!

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I've tried a lot of things, few have worked so far. My big gripe is that my videos are watched mostly by the local people even though they are usually made for tourists. Now I even have a big button that says, 'Tips 4 Travelers' in the thumbnails. I also got on a woolen carpet and green-screened me flying across the video. I made sure to speak the keywords during the video, too. I even said please like and subscribe in Nepalese. I have a travel channel during a worldwide pandemic, why am I not surprised it hasn't gone viral?
But one thing I think most people miss is how long it takes the creator to respond to the comment. I look at the comments during the commercial and see if they respond to comments. They usually do not.