• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Video won't upload -- stuck at 13%

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix an issue where your video won't upload? I've cancelled, re-added, re-rendered, rendered in a different container (mp4 versus mov), and the same thing keeps happening: The upload sticks around the 11-14% mark and won't move past it. I can't figure it out. My internet is fine and I have 1Gbs up and down speeds.

Any help on this issue would be super awesome!

Thanks

OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I tried FireFox and it got stuck at 5% . . . Have not tried a 2nd computer.

OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
yeah their support on twitter said give it 8 hours if no go redo upload. lol

8 hours to upload a 3 min video (232MB file) is hilarious.

Reactions: Avocado

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I always try to not be doing much else on the computer and not have much running in the background when I'm uploading videos to try and decrease the amount of time a video takes to upload. I have not had issues with videos uploading slowly though.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Sometimes if a video is stuck on uploading, try downdetector and see if YouTube is down in some areas. There are sometimes bugs that halt things on YouTube's end. It's frustrating, but if a video isn't uploading at all, your best course of action is either to completely reset your computer (or power off for a few minutes before powering back on) or trying again a few hours later. Usually any issues on YouTube are sorted after a few hours. Bugs happen.

OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Sometimes if a video is stuck on uploading, try downdetector and see if YouTube is down in some areas. There are sometimes bugs that halt things on YouTube's end. It's frustrating, but if a video isn't uploading at all, your best course of action is either to completely reset your computer (or power off for a few minutes before powering back on) or trying again a few hours later. Usually any issues on YouTube are sorted after a few hours. Bugs happen.

I forgot to update this thread: I got the video to upload the next day. I ended up completely rebooting the machine after downloading the latest Nvidia drivers and some other software. After the restart, the video uploaded no problem . . . so weird! My IP address maybe changed after the reboot and perhaps that was the cause? Maybe it was blocked or blocking things?

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I forgot to update this thread: I got the video to upload the next day. I ended up completely rebooting the machine after downloading the latest Nvidia drivers and some other software. After the restart, the video uploaded no problem . . . so weird! My IP address maybe changed after the reboot and perhaps that was the cause? Maybe it was blocked or blocking things?
Yeah, those Nvidia drives act up on my computer as well. No idea why. Funnily enough, my motherboard lighting software interferes with my internet connection now.
I mean, if it was a once off, I'd still write that down to just being a glitch with YouTube. If it happens more frequently it never hurts to update your own computer's drivers.