• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered I'm Not Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiwanLiveTV

I bought the basic license because TB is supposedly could be used to bulk edit. I tried to eliminate a tag in all my titles and, no can do! I need to upgrade my account! Just how crippled is the basic version? If I keep running into limitations that I consider to be bait and switch tactics, I'm canceling.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man @Bears and Butters for the solid response!

@TaiwanLiveTV the tools you get with each license tier is clearly provided at tubebuddy.com/pricing and I am sorry for any confusion but it is the bulk-processing tools that separate the Star license from the Pro. Here is a simple breakdown:

Starter License
This gives you access to TubeBuddy. You get to view the analytics of other channels and you get to see search rankings as well as limited use of the Keyword Explorer. It is a basic entry into Search Engine Optimization tools. And it is free, that's a perk.

Pro License
This is basically the Starter license let off it's leash. You get all the foundational stuff that comes with the starter but you also get full access to the Keyword Explorer and Search Rank, canned responses, thumbnail generator etc.

Star License
Gives you the same foundational tools as the Pro but includes Bulk-Processing tools and some advance-scheduling options not available with Pro.

Legend License
Gives. You. Everything.
It provides everything listed before as well as tools for translating your titles/descriptions quicker and easier, some deep-dive tools for breaking down the exact things that are and are not working with your thumbnails, A/B testing for metadata and thumbnails as well as a deep dive option into comparing your channel against other channels.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
TaiwanLiv
I bought the basic license because TB is supposedly could be used to bulk edit. I tried to eliminate a tag in all my titles and, no can do! I need to upgrade my account! Just how crippled is the basic version? If I keep running into limitations that I consider to be bait and switch tactics, I'm canceling.

Did you review the Features in the Pricing section on TubeBuddy so you knew which plans offered which feature sets? If you review the link that I provided below... this will show you what limitations you will have with each license type!

If you go here... You would have to have STAR license to do bulk processing:

BULK_PROCESS_TOOLS.png

• Haha
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
TaiwanLiveTV

TaiwanLiveTV

Thank you for making my point. In the graphic you posted, there is no discernable difference in the (so-called) "Pro" license from the free version.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for making my point. In the graphic you posted, there is no discernable difference in the (so-called) "Pro" license from the free version.

There really aren't a whole lot of perks for getting the license vs free... but you can do some useful things like set auto-responses for your comments... and if you click on the link I provided.. you can look at all the differences in each column. Free vs Pro.. you can get more searches in the Keywords Tool... and there are also other useful things.. but it's whatever you would find useful to your use!

We just use the free version for now... we don't make enough money on YT yet to make the cost worth our while.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man @Bears and Butters for the solid response!

@TaiwanLiveTV the tools you get with each license tier is clearly provided at tubebuddy.com/pricing and I am sorry for any confusion but it is the bulk-processing tools that separate the Star license from the Pro. Here is a simple breakdown:

Starter License
This gives you access to TubeBuddy. You get to view the analytics of other channels and you get to see search rankings as well as limited use of the Keyword Explorer. It is a basic entry into Search Engine Optimization tools. And it is free, that's a perk.

Pro License
This is basically the Starter license let off it's leash. You get all the foundational stuff that comes with the starter but you also get full access to the Keyword Explorer and Search Rank, canned responses, thumbnail generator etc.

Star License
Gives you the same foundational tools as the Pro but includes Bulk-Processing tools and some advance-scheduling options not available with Pro.

Legend License
Gives. You. Everything.
It provides everything listed before as well as tools for translating your titles/descriptions quicker and easier, some deep-dive tools for breaking down the exact things that are and are not working with your thumbnails, A/B testing for metadata and thumbnails as well as a deep dive option into comparing your channel against other channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.