• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why I don't get impression ?

mojicook

I need your advice, please help!

Dec/2020: Start doing the YT with my first Asmr Mukbang channel. It went OK but not super good as I am not a fan of eating without control weight => change to Talking Asmr (always same channel)
I thought it was fun at the beginning as I can do a lot of things like editing video, promotion...
Then, I realized that tapping and soft-spoken wasn't my thing because I am not a patient person. Finally, I decide to switch to a new thing ASMR cooking relaxation and create a new channel. Personally, I am a big fan of this kind of video, I can watch it every day without feeling bored (ex: Nino's home, Peaceful kitchen,...) these videos are so esthetic and I really want to do it. I make a move and create the 2 first videos and put a lot of effort into doing subtitles, thumbnail, filming editing, etc. But the result didn't meet my expectation, the impression was too low, way far behind the first video that I uploaded on my first ASMR channel.

1. Do you guys know the reason why YT doesn't suggest a video? It is because of the length, watch time, retention time?
  2. Do you think that Asmr has more place to play than the cooking field?
  3. What are the tips to improve the impression? I have a good quality video with good CTR for the thumbnail, I don't know why it doesn't work.

I am lost on my journey, please give me a light

OP
OP
mojicook

mojicook

Thank you for your answer. I think I understand a little bit more about YT. Don't get me wrong, but I think that the playground is very hard for new content creators nowadays, is right?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for your answer. I think I understand a little bit more about YT. Don't get me wrong, but I think that the playground is very hard for new content creators nowadays, is right?

Considering we are all competing in a much bigger arena against a much, much larger field of content creators, it's definitely much harder to stand out. But it's not the destination that should matter at first, it's the journey. The challenge to defy the odds, to break the code, to discover that you had more to offer than you thought you had, and enjoying it all in the process should be the driving force behind what inspires us all to create great content consistently to our audience.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, getting to the moon was hard. We did it anyway. Fly on Mars was hard. We did it anyway. See the pattern? Just because it's hard has nothing to do with your ultimate success. The real issue is many people still think YouTube is supposed to be easy. If it ain't hard then it ain't worth doing.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I need your advice, please help!

Dec/2020: Start doing the YT with my first Asmr Mukbang channel. It went OK but not super good as I am not a fan of eating without control weight => change to Talking Asmr (always same channel)
I thought it was fun at the beginning as I can do a lot of things like editing video, promotion...
Then, I realized that tapping and soft-spoken wasn't my thing because I am not a patient person. Finally, I decide to switch to a new thing ASMR cooking relaxation and create a new channel. Personally, I am a big fan of this kind of video, I can watch it every day without feeling bored (ex: Nino's home, Peaceful kitchen,...) these videos are so esthetic and I really want to do it. I make a move and create the 2 first videos and put a lot of effort into doing subtitles, thumbnail, filming editing, etc. But the result didn't meet my expectation, the impression was too low, way far behind the first video that I uploaded on my first ASMR channel.

1. Do you guys know the reason why YT doesn't suggest a video? It is because of the length, watch time, retention time?
  2. Do you think that Asmr has more place to play than the cooking field?
  3. What are the tips to improve the impression? I have a good quality video with good CTR for the thumbnail, I don't know why it doesn't work.

I am lost on my journey, please give me a light

You mentioned that you started in December 2020, and you're worried about your impressions.. you need to focus on the content you're putting out. It sounds like you've re-niched a couple of times. We started as a Mukbang channel, and did that solid for 1.5 years...We were also doing healthy eating. Then we switched to recipes, and vlogs... and didn't fully niche down.

We have quite a few friends that have done really well on Mukbang or ASMR, but at the end of the day... you are competing against THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of other Mukbang/ASRM food related content. Mukbang/ASMR channels are EXTREMELY saturated with creators. It's got EXTREMELY low RPM/CPM on the whole. You really have to be putting out quality videos, with something that is super appealing, or else you're going to get swallowed up in the sea of other creators.

The reason you may not be getting impressions.. is that you have to remember you are competing against all the other videos already out there within your niche. They could have better keywords, better titles, and better thumbnails than your video... As well... depending on where you're from, will determine the audience that enjoys your content. Your keywords, titles, and thumbnails are what you need to use to compete against the other videos already out there to drive your CTR.

Certain content is also "ever green".. which means you can watch it today, or in 3 years, and it's still relevant. So think about the type of content you're putting out there, and how it impacts your audience.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: mojicook and Damon
OP
OP
mojicook

mojicook

You mentioned that you started in December 2020, and you're worried about your impressions.. you need to focus on the content you're putting out. It sounds like you've re-niched a couple of times. We started as a Mukbang channel, and did that solid for 1.5 years...We were also doing healthy eating. Then we switched to recipes, and vlogs... and didn't fully niche down.

We have quite a few friends that have done really well on Mukbang or ASMR, but at the end of the day... you are competing against THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of other Mukbang/ASRM food related content. Mukbang/ASMR channels are EXTREMELY saturated with creators. It's got EXTREMELY low RPM/CPM on the whole. You really have to be putting out quality videos, with something that is super appealing, or else you're going to get swallowed up in the sea of other creators.

The reason you may not be getting impressions.. is that you have to remember you are competing against all the other videos already out there within your niche. They could have better keywords, better titles, and better thumbnails than your video... As well... depending on where you're from, will determine the audience that enjoys your content. Your keywords, titles, and thumbnails are what you need to use to compete against the other videos already out there to drive your CTR.

Certain content is also "ever green".. which means you can watch it today, or in 3 years, and it's still relevant. So think about the type of content you're putting out there, and how it impacts your audience.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the answer that is very complete and goes into the pain point of every YT creator. I know that I've just started the channel for not a long time, but I was upset when the channel doesn't work (as I made a lot of research to optimize, from SEO to the thumbnail, title, CTA,...). To be honest, I didn't think that it was so hard on YT to get a view in a normal way (without doing scandal or weirdo things, even sexy thumbnail to increase CTR). On Tiktkok, the impression is much better

Reactions: Bears and Butters