• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Why am I getting no traffic?

MorningsideMusic

Hi everyone,

I am new to TB and think it is great, but I am not sure if I am doing it right? I think I found the highest rated keywords in a niche (backing tracks for guitarists to play along with). But I'm just not getting any traffic at all, despite following all the TB advice. What am I doing wrong?

Here is my video: (Zero Views)
View: https://youtu.be/OjcRDspeG_k

A similar video : (Nearly 14 million views)
View: https://youtu.be/22mWUkAi0PI

Thank you for all your help and tips, and my apologies for being so poor at this kind of thing.

Paul :)

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Morningside Music!

Using "backing tracks for guitarists to play along with" is a long tailed keyword. It means it has many keywords in it to make it more specific. You definitely want to use a combination of shorter and longer keywords that would be associated

We don't have the paid version of TubeBuddy, so we can only see "unweighted" scores.

It may show up Excellent in the summary. But look at the number of videos in the Search Results. You are competing against that keyword against 30 million videos in this search result. If you reduce the words in the Tubebuddy Keyword Search to just "backing tracks for guitarists". It shows it has 38 million search results... but TONS of monthly searches (over 246K searches).

We went over and checked your channel, and looked at your thumbnails. Some of them are really great, but for example... "Easy Groove Tracking" video... I'm looking at your video keywords.. and there aren't any shorter keywords at all. Every one of your keywords are at least 3+ words long. Break some of these longer keywords up into smaller keywords.

Another suggestion... is go to other videos that have tons of views that are similar to your content, and look at what they are using for keywords, and try to see if they will work...all you can do is keep trying.. trial and error, til something works for you.

You can also go to Google or YouTube and see what words autocomplete when you're searching for your search terms.. it will populate a list of other (very commonly) searched terms. You can try adding related words like this as well to your keywords.

BACKING_TRACKS_3.png

But hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• BACKING_TRACKS_3.png
    BACKING_TRACKS_3.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 130

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Easy: Your video was published on April 21, 2021. The competing video was published on March 10, 2015. Your video hasn't had the time. Time is the important factor. Whoever gets there first and has had the longest time for their optimized video to germinate will generally get more views than a new video in that niche.

You are not guaranteed the same number of views just because you make a similar video in the same niche. Simpy put, your video hasn't had time to prove itself to be worth the advertising dollars that YouTube's corporate customers pay.

Last edited:
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

I am new to TB and think it is great, but I am not sure if I am doing it right? I think I found the highest rated keywords in a niche (backing tracks for guitarists to play along with). But I'm just not getting any traffic at all, despite following all the TB advice. What am I doing wrong?

Here is my video: (Zero Views)
View: https://youtu.be/OjcRDspeG_k

A similar video : (Nearly 14 million views)
View: https://youtu.be/22mWUkAi0PI

Thank you for all your help and tips, and my apologies for being so poor at this kind of thing.

Paul :)

I feel all of us have the same issue. Just like others say on here make sure we use the proper tags and look at other videos and see what people are looking at. Try other social apps keep posting it will happen man. But the way great vids!!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I would say look at your TubeBuddy SEO score first as it is only at 65%, second would be the tags since you need to have some commonish ones which people would be looking for, also having you thought about using Hashtags as well in the description.
Also just look at consistency in regards to how often and letting people know how many or when you'll be releasing videos but my biggest would be follow the TubeBuddy optimization guide as that could help heaps as well.

Reactions: JM Artist

Fleurdwi Cooking

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Morningside Music!

Using "backing tracks for guitarists to play along with" is a long tailed keyword. It means it has many keywords in it to make it more specific. You definitely want to use a combination of shorter and longer keywords that would be associated

We don't have the paid version of TubeBuddy, so we can only see "unweighted" scores.

It may show up Excellent in the summary. But look at the number of videos in the Search Results. You are competing against that keyword against 30 million videos in this search result. If you reduce the words in the Tubebuddy Keyword Search to just "backing tracks for guitarists". It shows it has 38 million search results... but TONS of monthly searches (over 246K searches).

We went over and checked your channel, and looked at your thumbnails. Some of them are really great, but for example... "Easy Groove Tracking" video... I'm looking at your video keywords.. and there aren't any shorter keywords at all. Every one of your keywords are at least 3+ words long. Break some of these longer keywords up into smaller keywords.

Another suggestion... is go to other videos that have tons of views that are similar to your content, and look at what they are using for keywords, and try to see if they will work...all you can do is keep trying.. trial and error, til something works for you.

You can also go to Google or YouTube and see what words autocomplete when you're searching for your search terms.. it will populate a list of other (very commonly) searched terms. You can try adding related words like this as well to your keywords.

BACKING_TRACKS_3.png

But hopefully this helps.

very helpful everyone, thanks!