• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Subtitles

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Does YouTube add subtitles automatically? I got thanks for adding them in Korean in a video and I have no service or anything like that. I'm glad they were added though (and hope they are accurate).

Reactions: Sister_Su

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well, I saw your video and used CC. The CC in English was automatically generated with Google's voice recognition service and then translated in to Korean with Google Translation service. I personally use a SW which automatically generates subtitles with Google's API, and they are great with English. almost 90% if your voice is clear. I see your audio is very good so automatically generated CC was good too. I think that Korean person who thanks to you may have turned on the translation(EN > KO) without knowing. Here is the result anyway(70% natural) :
이미지 2.png

OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, I saw your video and used CC. The CC in English was automatically generated with Google's voice recognition service and then translated in to Korean with Google Translation service. I personally use a SW which automatically generates subtitles with Google's API, and they are great with English. almost 90% if your voice is clear. I see your audio is very good so automatically generated CC was good too. I think that Korean person who thanks to you may have turned on the translation(EN > KO) without knowing. Here is the result anyway(70% natural) :

That's awesome to hear! So some kind of auto-cc helps things out. Good to know that that's a thing so as to organically or unintentionally reach a broader audience.