• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question earning more than I thought, wonder why?

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I've only recently been monetised

I feel like I have been earning more, than I thought I would.

Oh, don't mistake me, it's still peanuts.

I think I have been averaging about 25 cents a day.

BUT I am on a posting hiatus - as I need to get a lot of ducks in a row. I plan to drop 100+ videos this year, and am writing a big series and other videos... plus loads of other content that I need to strengthen my revenue streams, as I expect most my videos may not be suitable for ads.

I knew I wouldn't be posting until June.

So I expected to be making next to nothing. Maybe a penny a day, if that. Yet I am on a massive 25 cents.

I didn't think much about it, until I checked out CPM. Is that the right thing to be checking? I think that shows me how much I 'make' on average for 1k views.

I was under the impression this was usually $2 - $6. Depending on niche. So maybe a less tech savvy audience for a make up channel [rather than for a gamer/tech channel] would earn more per thousand. Because the audience would be less likely to have things like adblockers on.

Well my CPM is $15.67

I've been earning just over 25 cents a day [on average] with around 50 views a day.

I obviously on have three weeks of statistics.

So is this,

1. normal rates and I've made a mistake in what CPM means?

2. when you first join YT sends you more ads, to start you off?

3. too small of a sample and so the numbers are way off because of the margin of error is simply getting a few extra clicks than normal...

Any thoughts would be welcome

Now I mustn't let the extra 25 cents a day go to my head.

xx