• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Comments Held for Review

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hey,

I hope this is the right section.

I had three comments in 'held for review'

They were all a bit mean towards me... hmm, should have checked, but they were probably all from my mother...

I clicked them all to be kept and go into the comments section.

As I hadn't responded to them, I expect them to go into my 'published I haven't responded' section... but they didn't. They just disappeared from the comments and mentions tab. I know they are on the videos - but I can't remember which ones, and I am loathed to look for them - as I am scared I will 'annoy' adsense.

Will those comments come back to my 'published I haven't responded' section... as it takes time for them to be 'picked up' - or is it a quirk of the system and they are now just on the videos? Remember I haven't responded to the comments. I don't think I could while they were in 'held for review'

Or put it another way, if I want to release bad comments, but I want to respond to them [from the 'held' section] what's the best way to do this.... as I had responses planned and now I have just let them all drop and not put my response so people can see I am cool with being called an idiot....

Thanks for any help/abuse

xx

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Hey,

They were all a bit mean towards me... hmm, should have checked, but they were probably all from my mother...

As I hadn't responded to them, I expect them to go into my 'published I haven't responded' section... but they didn't. They just disappeared from the comments and mentions tab. I know they are on the videos - but I can't remember which ones, and I am loathed to look for them - as I am scared I will 'annoy' adsense.

Will those comments come back to my 'published I haven't responded' section... as it takes time for them to be 'picked up' - or is it a quirk of the system and they are now just on the videos? Remember I haven't responded to the comments. I don't think I could while they were in 'held for review'

Or put it another way, if I want to release bad comments, but I want to respond to them [from the 'held' section] what's the best way to do this.... as I had responses planned and now I have just let them all drop and not put my response so people can see I am cool with being called an idiot....

xx
Hey MaJ, just checking to make sure you are looking at this from the TubeBuddy comments tool, in which case this a good place to post, or if you are looking at it from the YouTube comments tool, in which case I can move this to a better section?

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hey

TBH I don't see any difference

If I select TB icon [in YT Studio] and select comments I get to the exact same Channel comments and mentions Page as if I select it from the left hand menu in YT Studio.

They both take me to the same page

So I don't know what the answer to your question is, sorry

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Hey

TBH I don't see any difference

If I select TB icon [in YT Studio] and select comments I get to the exact same Channel comments and mentions Page as if I select it from the left hand menu in YT Studio.

They both take me to the same page

So I don't know what the answer to your question is, sorry
I'll leave it here. @Stanley Orchard might have more insight here than I do.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I wonder if the comments didn't get automatically deleted, whether by YouTube (unlikely but possible) or by the author (a likely possibility).

Don't worry about offending the algorithm or adsense... I would suggest letting the video play through whenever you click on it bit don't forget; YouTube is REALLY good at seeing where those views are coming from. They know when you click on your own video and they aren't going to hold that against you.

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you tried removing this filter:

1619198775446.png

Most times it is quite faulty and hides what it shouldn't.

Reactions: DebuJalanan
OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
EvaWar thanks [and thanks everyone]

Ok, deleting that seems to get all the comments back... so I just need to find the ones calling me an idiot [or worse] which are the ones I haven't yet responded to... and respond...

Thanks

Stanley Orchard, in regards to not wanting to go onto my videos... I thought I read that people had got banned [from adsense/YTP program] for watching their own videos. Because if it shows an ad, you are in effect 'stealing' the ad money. As you are not a 'real' organic viewer

I would only be going on to it for a second... and pause it straight away... so I don't click... I find it's best to look at the videos actually on the videos... but never do now, as it messes up your view time/percentages

Thanks again

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have had that happen to quite a few comments. They are held for review, I approve them, and they vanish. Sometimes they come back later, sometimes they do not. I just figured it was some odd YouTube glitch. Never really looked into it.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I believe the issue is those comments/replies may have been replies to someone else's comments in your videos, or possibly a reply to your pinned comment. Typically these are harder to find as they aren't a new comment, and if they were held for review, there's a chance they're older and thus, filtered back a bit, which is where experimenting with the advanced comments filters can sometimes help. If you HAVEN'T replied, you'll want to select that.

Try turning OFF YouTube's comment filter, then in TubeBuddie's filters, go Advanced - started by - someone else (my understanding is a reply THEY make, means they are the someone else...
that - "replies that need following up" from my understanding, means they replied to something you said, and thus THAT is a comment not yet replied to, and the filter will highlight those replies, and it SHOULD filter out those replies, from your newer ones.

From my understanding that's how it works. It's a bit more advanced, but see if that works. It's the only way I've found that easily lets me find when someone has replied to something I replied with, and filters it directly to that comment above all else (example below)

Give that a try and see if it helps.
Screenshot (9893).png

Ok, deleting that seems to get all the comments back... so I just need to find the ones calling me an idiot [or worse] which are the ones I haven't yet responded to...
You can find comments with specific words with the advanced filters like this
specific words.PNG

Last edited:

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey,

xx

Hey MaJ!! We feel that some of the comment section is just overall clunky. You cannot respond to comments from the held section, as they are not visible to the poster any longer when they are held. The best you can do is screenshot the comment and approve it (since you mentioned that's your plan) so if it does disappear, you can find it from the screenshot. The best way to do this is as you mentioned. Approve the comment, and then respond to it by filtering "I haven't responded".

A few months ago we had to report an issue to YouTube and provide lots and lots of screenshots showing comments that appeared on the notifications, but never showed up in the comments section, and the user came by and wondered why we didn't respond. So some if this could be YouTube's issue too.

Hope that helps!