• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Can anyone give me some advice on my channel subs and views on stand still for a while now?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Oh there are plenty of things that you have yet to try! Looking at your channel I see that you are posting shorter videos, but you are not utilizing the power of Shorts videos! If you can do the following I think your videos would be prime for Shorts:
1. Filmed Vertically (that's up and down versus side to side)
2. Keep your videos under 1 minute
3. Include the hashtag '#Shorts' in the title of your video

Another thing that is see is zero optimization for anything. You have no custom thumbnails, your keywords aren't terrible but they don't appear to have been researched and you are definitely not optimizing for them. While optimizing for Shorts videos gives you a big chance of random, arbitrary and short-lived virality optimizing for Search is the exact opposite; it gives you the potential for long-term growth via views earned by people who are literally searching exactly for the video that you made. Of course that one is a little less easy to explain... I'll let Andrew take it from here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzoLKuKaO8Q&t=1s

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
According to your channel, you've only been uploading for a week, so I don't understand where "for a while now" is coming from? Unless you deleted a lot of previous video on the channel you've linked with?

If you've indeed only been posting for a week, then it's way too soon to worry about views and subs. It already looks decent for a 1 week old channel. Just make 100 videos, and study good thumbnail design as well. Everyone talks about seo (naturally) but often forget the front door, which is the thumbnail.

Reactions: Mariska
OP
OP
M

Mariska

Brakkies the Jack Russell
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You guys are super the new channel got about 5 subs and the views it had but Stanley sounds pretty usefull thanks for honesty.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You guys are super the new channel got about 5 subs and the views it had but Stanley sounds pretty usefull thanks for honesty.
Starting YouTube and thinking you're going to put a channel together, upload 5 or 6 videos, and immediately think your channel should grow to thousands of subscribers is very unrealistic. You have to remember, that YouTube is a marathon and not a race and every minute of the day there are hundreds of thousands of GB of videos being uploaded. So you really have to find a way to stand out, and be a shining star in the crowd, or you have to be a celebrity, or already have an "in" with other successful YouTubers.. to immediately grow.

As well.. work on your own channel layout. The picture you're using as your banner, looks like a typical default banner. It doesn't really show who you are, or what your content/channel is about.

Just keep on staying positive, and putting out content, and be willing to learn and grow your own crafts.. and you'll slowly grow.

OP
OP
M

Mariska

Brakkies the Jack Russell
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Starting YouTube and thinking you're going to put a channel together, upload 5 or 6 videos, and immediately think your channel should grow to thousands of subscribers is very unrealistic. You have to remember, that YouTube is a marathon and not a race and every minute of the day there are hundreds of thousands of GB of videos being uploaded. So you really have to find a way to stand out, and be a shining star in the crowd, or you have to be a celebrity, or already have an "in" with other successful YouTubers.. to immediately grow.

As well.. work on your own channel layout. The picture you're using as your banner, looks like a typical default banner. It doesn't really show who you are, or what your content/channel is about.

Just keep on staying positive, and putting out content, and be willing to learn and grow your own crafts.. and you'll slowly grow.
What do mean by banner do you mean the profile pic?

• Love
Reactions: Kelcesuniquehair

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What do mean by banner do you mean the profile pic?

I wrote in "Banner Area" on this screenshot.

To change it.. it's under "Creator Studio" > Customization >> Branding >> Banner Image

BANNER.png

• Love

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Your channel hasn't been around all that long you are doing well. Keep consistent. I have been going for 2 months now. It's a slow grind. But I only have 8 true videos the rest are shorts.

• Love