• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music Channel Hello to any and all anime fans! I make guitar covers of anime openings

PulseGTR

User name: PulseGTR
Title of introduction: Hello to any and all anime fans! I make guitar covers of anime openings
Your name/ Alias: PulseGTR
Where are you from? Canada
How did you find TubeBuddy? Through the newtubers subreddit
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? To learn more about TubeBuddy as well as meeting others youtubers.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: For people to enjoy the content that I create
How frequently do you upload? At least twice a month
What are your hobbies? Video gaming, exercise, playing guitar, music arranging, video making
What is your biggest dream? In the long term, I would like to do Youtube/Twitch full time
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Rov3HT77HSj01j3ApvFuw

• Love
Reactions: Heiscephas

Mariska

Brakkies the Jack Russell
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey buddy welcome hope you do well.

El Piano Master

Hi, I haven't watched much anime but your covers are amazing. I have a question related to that, do you get often copyright claims and how do you think you are going to improve that when monetisation is important? Because I get copyright claimed, not striked but for the majority of my videos if I would make money it would not be payed to me but to the original composer.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Fun concept! You going to do Jujutsu Kaisen? Seems made for your concept.

OP
OP
PulseGTR

PulseGTR

Hi, I haven't watched much anime but your covers are amazing. I have a question related to that, do you get often copyright claims and how do you think you are going to improve that when monetisation is important? Because I get copyright claimed, not striked but for the majority of my videos if I would make money it would not be payed to me but to the original composer.
Ya I've gotten copyright claims on about 4 videos so far lol, I think it largely depends on whether or not the song in question is hugely popular and is associated with a large record label company. The fact that I'm overdubbing over the original as well doesn't help :p. Monetization wise, Patreon seems to be the way to go for lots of musicians on YouTube, especially covers. Twitch seems like another possible route as well.

OP
OP
PulseGTR

PulseGTR

Fun concept! You going to do Jujutsu Kaisen? Seems made for your concept.
I freaking love JJK, and I would like to do the 2nd opening at some point, but I still need to cover some other songs from this season. I've noticed that new openings are best done while they're still airing, so I've missed my time to capitalize with JJK.

El Piano Master

Ya I've gotten copyright claims on about 4 videos so far lol, I think it largely depends on whether or not the song in question is hugely popular and is associated with a large record label company. The fact that I'm overdubbing over the original as well doesn't help :p. Monetization wise, Patreon seems to be the way to go for lots of musicians on YouTube, especially covers. Twitch seems like another possible route as well.
Yeah I've been thinking about patreon but haven't yet comed up with content to share there, I am thinking maybe the sheets instead of the tutorial but I don't know because I want people to have free access to the sheets of the songs they would like to play. Maybe when I get more subs I come up with something. Thank you for replying and I wish you luck with your videos, I have subbed and will be giving likes to what you upload :)

Reactions: PulseGTR
OP
OP
PulseGTR

PulseGTR

Yeah I've been thinking about patreon but haven't yet comed up with content to share there, I am thinking maybe the sheets instead of the tutorial but I don't know because I want people to have free access to the sheets of the songs they would like to play. Maybe when I get more subs I come up with something. Thank you for replying and I wish you luck with your videos, I have subbed and will be giving likes to what you upload :)
Thanks bud, I appreciate it! And ya, that's nice that you want the sheet music to be free. Lots of people tend to go to videos that have tutorials included in it, as opposed to ones that don't. The only thing thing that seems to be a common one is giving patrons early access to videos before they're public

Reactions: El Piano Master

El Piano Master

Thanks bud, I appreciate it! And ya, that's nice that you want the sheet music to be free. Lots of people tend to go to videos that have tutorials included in it, as opposed to ones that don't. The only thing thing that seems to be a common one is giving patrons early access to videos before they're public
Yes, that would be an option. I started the channel to post covers of mine but as there were not free sheets, only tutorial youtube videos I gave it a go and those videos are getting far more views. So it would be bad example if I sold sheets now

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Title of introduction: Hello to any and all anime fans! I make guitar covers of anime openings
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? To learn more about TubeBuddy as well as meeting others youtubers.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: For people to enjoy the content that I create
What are your hobbies? Video gaming, exercise, playing guitar, music arranging, video making
What is your biggest dream? In the long term, I would like to do Youtube/Twitch full time
Hey PulseGTR welcome !

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello and welcome