• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips What should be kept in mind while adding end screen Element ?

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone
What are the tips to keep in mind while adding end screen elements in a video ?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
YouTube wants to keep people watching videos on their platform. You want those to be your videos. So turning the question back to you, what would the person watching your video most likely want to see next? Would it be a similar video? Would it be a playlist of similar videos? Would it be both?

OP
OP
Sanjogita

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube wants to keep people watching videos on their platform. You want those to be your videos. So turning the question back to you, what would the person watching your video most likely want to see next? Would it be a similar video? Would it be a playlist of similar videos? Would it be both?
I think the playlist of the video

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You don't want to indicate the video is finished, so I have tried to teach myself to point out that another video is related to this one and needs to be watched now "click this thumbnail on screen to be taken to ------------ (insert reason why it's important to be watched)"

I generally try to have a video that's related to the one just finished in the end card to make it easier to pass traffic on in the video it'self. I also try putting playlists sometimes when it's related.

You definitely want to be recording your video, or voice over WITH the end card in mind and with the next video in mind, so you know for those 10 seconds where people will be going next so you're not ending the video and getting right to the next point of action.

• Wow
Reactions: ArtByLara
OP
OP
Sanjogita

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
You don't want to indicate the video is finished, so I have tried to teach myself to point out that another video is related to this one and needs to be watched now "click this thumbnail on screen to be taken to ------------ (insert reason why it's important to be watched)"

I generally try to have a video that's related to the one just finished in the end card to make it easier to pass traffic on in the video it'self. I also try putting playlists sometimes when it's related.

You definitely want to be recording your video, or voice over WITH the end card in mind and with the next video in mind, so you know for those 10 seconds where people will be going next so you're not ending the video and getting right to the next point of action.
Thank you

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Keep your endscreen short... 20 seconds is the max but I like to keep mine to about 8 seconds. Don't say anything that is going to tell your audience that the video is over; the second you do the video is already officially over and everything else is wasted time that is killing your retention. It helps to give an audio/video cue or reason why they should click on the end screen element, something like 'Hey if you like this video Google thinks you are going to like this one over here' as you point to the corner of the screen that will feature a 'Best For Viewer' video link.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I usually go best for viewer, subscribe link and a link to my Web site and call it a day. I don't like hijacking my videos since I want each one to be like it's own little documentary film.

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
I usually have 2 videos and a subscribe button on my end screen. For 1 video I choose "Best for Viewer" the other I choose a playlist. So the new user gets lost in my videos! lol