• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Is there any option to edit in live streaming ?

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,
Can we edit live streaming videos before publishing ?

Thank you in advance

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hello,
Can we edit live streaming videos before publishing ?

Thank you in advance

No, there is no feasible option for this on platform. What most people do is to make the video unlisted or private after it is complete, then download it and edit it before re-uploading as a standalone video.

Reactions: Sanjogita

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
(edited - I believe we're talking about more advanced editing, but you CAN do BASIC cuts and basic edits to a livestream AFTER it's been live)
No, there is no feasible option for this on platform. What most people do is to make the video unlisted or private after it is complete, then download it and edit it before re-uploading as a standalone video.
it actually IS possible to do basic live stream edits after the live stream is finished. You can edit out the beginning or end, and I believe you can edit out selected segments in between, edit in music (usually don't to tackle copyright issue) and I believe you can edit in blurs to handle situations where you accidently leak private information.

Editing a livestream will delete the live chat replay from my understanding

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEUfbdqweLM&ab_channel=DesireeMartinez

OP
OP
Sanjogita

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Actually, correction

Correction, it actually IS possible to do basic live stream edits after the live stream is finished. You can edit out the beginning or end, and I believe you can edit out selected segments in between, edit in music (usually don't to tackle copyright issue) and I believe you can edit in blurs to handle situations where you accidently leak private information.

Okay , Thanku

ANGELYN

Subscriber Goal
I have the same question and this thread gave me the answers! Thanks Guys

ANGELYN

Subscriber Goal
(edited - I believe we're talking about more advanced editing, but you CAN do BASIC cuts and basic edits to a livestream AFTER it's been live)

it actually IS possible to do basic live stream edits after the live stream is finished. You can edit out the beginning or end, and I believe you can edit out selected segments in between, edit in music (usually don't to tackle copyright issue) and I believe you can edit in blurs to handle situations where you accidently leak private information.

Great

Manmeet Sawhney

TubeBuddy User
you can just trim it or blur some parts of the video using the editor tool on youtube
it will not take your watchtime

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I just did an experimental YouTube live stream yesterday to test the features and their are a lot of limitations to the edit as previously mentioned. There is a huge lag before any changes go live. As someone said earlier, you can do so basic cuts and trims (which I did). I have not tried to do blurs or add music.

I have come to the conclusion that if I can find a way to live stream OUTSIDE of Youtube, I will have more editing flexibility afterwards. I don't have many subscribers right now so livestreaming is not a pressing issue. However, I do want to be prepared for the future.