• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Views gained by shorts included for the monetization or not

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To further what ret2p said, views gained from the shorts shelf aren't monetized, BUT, a shorts upload that's done like any other video, CAN still be viewed outside of the the shorts shelf.
I have a few shorts on my channel that HAVE made money, but that's because they are published like any other content.

If they show up in the shorts shelf, THAT traffic won't be monetized. If the video is viewed outside of the shorts shelf, as a regular stand alone video, it seems it is still eligible for monetisation.
I can back this up as I have specific shorts videos that have traffic outside of the shorts shelf that have made money. not much, but it's still evidence that shorts have a life outside of the shorts shelf.

shorts shelf again (2)_LI.jpg

As you can see, this video made an almighty 1 dollar 35 lol, nothing to write home about, but it did make money, and that's because 44% of the traffic came from outside of shorts. the 39% of shorts traffic won't net any revenue, but 44% of the traffic was outside of shorts, meaning shorts will still be treated as a normal video in some situations.

Last edited:

Mariska

Brakkies the Jack Russell
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Good to know thanks I have 3 shorts of my 10 videos.