• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How does making shorts work?

Desocrates

How do you actually upload a short to youtube? Do you just upload a short video like any other video and put #Short or something in the title or is there another way?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Keep in mind, if you're doing shorts for the views, it might take a lot longer than you expect to see traction. But it's verticle under 1 minute videos with #shorts.

I will add, I made a shorts video the other week, but forget to add the #shorts label until later. I'm not sure if that had any impact on out of the gate performance as the shorts impressions and traffic is lower than what I normally get.
I've heard you don't "need" to put #shorts in the title and that you only "need" to put it in the description. I forgot to put the #shorts label in either and it seems it MAY have impacted the video out of the gate, but I can't be certain. I've been doing some tests with it, letting it sit to see what happens.

OP
OP
Desocrates

Desocrates

Thanks for both the replies, I'll watch that video, I'm mainly thinking of doing the shorts as I just thought I might as well along side my other videos. I was thinking of just doing shorter versions of my main videos and then maybe I can link it to my main videos saying if you want to know more then link to my other videos.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
You lost me at "Verticle Video". :triumph: Yeah, not my cup of tea. I wish there was a law against it or phones would not start recording unless there were in landscape. :joy:
I agree with you. That said, I think the issue I have is people trying to shoot content that should be shot landscape vertically. I am slowly warming to well-done vertical videos.

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You lost me at "Verticle Video". :triumph: Yeah, not my cup of tea. I wish there was a law against it or phones would not start recording unless there were in landscape. :joy:
I used to be the same, but as an artist, it's very limiting to constrain vertical art into a horizontal format, so far me it works out nicely sometimes. I think it's better to use the format appropriately for the artform, rather than totally trying to force the artform into the format (I've tried forcing horizontal format into a vertical format and it isn't always great) but sometimes horizontal wastes a lot of the sides of the frame, sometimes cutting off important vertical elements if your videos focus on height elements.

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
On my other channel shorts are doing great I gain 33 subscriber and views for this month is 13.4K once u get the beta on your phone it will say Create a short so don't have to put #shorts in title or description