• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Can you do a giveaway to get more subscribers?

VideoChannelIdeas

I've noticed on the last couple of MrBeast videos, he gives away $10,000 to new subscribers to his channel.

He gives the current winner a shoutout, then says if you are not subscribed we are giving away another $10k to someone
who subscribes within the next 7 days.

He even goes a step further and says if you are already subscribed, just use your Mom, Dad, brother, etc. phone and subscribe.

Could anyone do the same but use a smaller prize amount? I wonder...

View: https://youtu.be/fMfipiV_17o?t=830

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In the past they made it more obvious that having a requirement of subscribing being a way to win, was against their terms of service. Section 6 seems to indicate this is still the case.

I mean... people will naturally subscribe if there's a prize, but will your watch time suffer if you're not giving away prizes in EVERY video, because people are ONLY subscribing because they think they're going to win something?

Wouldn't you rather your content be actually worth watching? I mean, would Mr Beast be as famous as he is, if he WASN'T known for giving away money in most of his videos? Maybe, maybe not.

I prefer the idea of a giveaway being a thank you, not the reason why someone subscribes.

LFH

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
In the past they made it more obvious that having a requirement of subscribing being a way to win, was against their terms of service. Section 6 seems to indicate this is still the case.

I mean... people will naturally subscribe if there's a prize, but will your watch time suffer if you're not giving away prizes in EVERY video, because people are ONLY subscribing because they think they're going to win something?

Wouldn't you rather your content be actually worth watching? I mean, would Mr Beast be as famous as he is, if he WASN'T known for giving away money in most of his videos? Maybe, maybe not.

I prefer the idea of a giveaway being a thank you, not the reason why someone subscribes.
I totally agree with Beanie Draws' comment above.