• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Audience and Niche

Dandy Coward

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Do we need to focus on one niche to get subscribers or focus on multiple content to attract many people of different interests.
I have failed to get a specific niche but I also dont understand why I am getting subscribers.
I am a little bit confused, what should I do to please these subscribers I have gained?

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personally my specific niche videos do better than if I venture out so IΓÇÖve been continuing with that + itΓÇÖs also what IΓÇÖm most interested in.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
If your focus is growing your channel, then you should consider focusing on a single niche. If your focus is to have fun on YouTube and not so much on growth, then it's fine if you have multiple niche (just know that you won't grow as fast).

Ced

If your focus is growing your channel, then you should consider focusing on a single niche. If your focus is to have fun on YouTube and not so much on growth, then it's fine if you have multiple niche (just know that you won't grow as fast).
I've heard this take on it before but, I've also heard that making content outside of your niche can bring in new viewers to your channel when you're just starting off. Would you say this is a good approach?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I've heard this take on it before but, I've also heard that making content outside of your niche can bring in new viewers to your channel when you're just starting off. Would you say this is a good approach?

I would tend to disagree with that. When you focus on one niche it makes it very easy to target a select audience. It is easier for YouTube to find the audience that is into that one topic. If you expand to say, two niches then you are not targeting two separate audiences. You are basically targeting an audience which enjoys both niches only. The majority of viewers who enjoy one topic and not the other are inherently going to stray away from your work as it does not fit the single thing they are looking for.

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
When I first started I didn't have a niche. I was just doing what came to mind. Then I made a video that took off. So I started making more videos like that video. However, I just tried something new last week, and that took off.

It is a tough question to answer. I personally don't want to be tied down to 1 thing. I have so many likes and things I enjoy. So what I decided is to make many videos like the first niche then sprinkle new things along the way. lol

Heiscephas

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I believe having a niche will attract more subscribers because they will receive what they expect whenever you post thereby increasing the retention rate

Reactions: Damon