• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Views

Meenu

youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I just observed. My views got reduced on all my vedios. What is the reason behind it. It is a real pain:(. Is thete reason for that?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is a very common question. YouTube frequently purges bot and fake accounts. When they do any activity by those bots or fake accounts are removed.

OP
OP
M

Meenu

youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a very common question. YouTube frequently purges bot and fake accounts. When they do any activity by those bots or fake accounts are removed.
That shouldn't be the case, as i posted vedio 2 days back. And there nothing fake I did so who else will do this. I dont know even how ppl can do the fake things

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That shouldn't be the case, as i posted vedio 2 days back. And there nothing fake I did so who else will do this. I dont know even how ppl can do the fake things
ItΓÇÖs nothing you did, but it still happens

Reactions: SILTHW

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

You asked a question. An answer was provided and you didn't seem to understand it. As @Drscottbland said, it's not what you did. It's basically YouTube doing clean-ups on bot accounts. There's no way for you to know if a bot is watching your videos or not. It's just the way YouTube works. It happens to everyone.

Reactions: Meenu and SILTHW

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I DO know they have in the past put a pause on views. I have a video that was stuck on 20 views for several hours when my videos would normally at that time get 200 views. I asked Team YouTube about it and they replied back saying that was normal sometimes and was part of their view verification process, or view "qualification" process to make sure bots aren't gaming the system, to verify the views are real, and then the views I got during that time displayed later as normal. But this process may have changed more recently.

I have noticed in the creator studio app there's a bug effecting likes, and dislikes, as they're testing out hiding likes and dislikes on some channels, and if this is only recent over the last 2 weeks, this could be a sideeffects on that side.
I knows subs are taken away, but I wasn't sure how the actual stat of a video viewership could be changed. A BTS video was effected by this when a video was shaved of several million views that were all from bot accounts, so it does happen, but as long as you aren't involved in any sub trading groups, none of that you can control.

Sounds like YouTube are tackling the bots issue now seems comments are getting more and more infested with bots, so no doubt that would be effecting views as well.

Reactions: Meenu

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Sounds like YouTube are tackling the bots issue now seems comments are getting more and more infested with bots, so no doubt that would be effecting views as well.
Talking about bots, this leave me a question. What IF there are these thick-pocket youtuber who compete each other with unhealthy competition, say one of them, or worse, both of them buying a bot for a high amount of numbers and and choose their competitor video for these bots, in hoping that youtube will punish their competitor's channel.

I used to use those bots once, a free one not a paid one, and to use those bots, you just have to put your channel's ID (youtube.com/channel/[this is the ID]), as simple as that. So, yes, you can put someone else channel or videos for those bots to view. Now I wonder, does youtube able to identify which person does this or that to someone else channel, or youtube just simply view that as "you do that to yourself" ? Kinda scary tbh.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Talking about bots, this leave me a question. What IF there are these thick-pocket youtuber who compete each other with unhealthy competition, say one of them, or worse, both of them buying a bot for a high amount of numbers and and choose their competitor video for these bots, in hoping that youtube will punish their competitor's channel.

I used to use those bots once, a free one not a paid one, and to use those bots, you just have to put your channel's ID (youtube.com/channel/[this is the ID]), as simple as that. So, yes, you can put someone else channel or videos for those bots to view. Now I wonder, does youtube able to identify which person does this or that to someone else channel, or youtube just simply view that as "you do that to yourself" ? Kinda scary tbh.
Without diving too deeply into the techniques for identifying bots, I would simply say that no bot out there can pass a Turing test. I would also note that just about every site that sells malware or operates bots are heavily infiltrated by both government and companies that provide "active countermeasures" (think Mandiant before FireEye bought them). Companies like Google - and I'm not saying Google does this, but many companies - subscribe to that information. So they can know if a bot is intended to be used by people personally or maliciously.

I would also note that "fooling" YouTube is hard because of Google. If you get maliciously botted, they can tell with a fairly high accuracy that it wasn't your doing.

We've had a few people come here and claim they were maliciously view-botted, but I can tell you in most of those cases the poster wasn't being honest and was trying to cover their tracks.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
donΓÇÖt worry itΓÇÖs wayyyy better that youtube gets rid of bots as you donΓÇÖt want bots in your community. You want real long term subscribers who are actually interested in your content so itΓÇÖs a good thing!

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Try not to let it get to you. It's just one of the many messed up thing that happen from YouTube, that we have no control over. Expect a purge at least once a year... that's our experience over the past 3 years anyway.

Ohh ok. May be i am new so don't understand these yet. But its heartbreaking :(. Thanks .

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Without diving too deeply into the techniques for identifying bots, I would simply say that no bot out there can pass a Turing test. I would also note that just about every site that sells malware or operates bots are heavily infiltrated by both government and companies that provide "active countermeasures" (think Mandiant before FireEye bought them). Companies like Google - and I'm not saying Google does this, but many companies - subscribe to that information. So they can know if a bot is intended to be used by people personally or maliciously.

I would also note that "fooling" YouTube is hard because of Google. If you get maliciously botted, they can tell with a fairly high accuracy that it wasn't your doing.

We've had a few people come here and claim they were maliciously view-botted, but I can tell you in most of those cases the poster wasn't being honest and was trying to cover their tracks.
I will say, never underestimate toxic competition. It used to be a big issue around 2016/2017 when YouTube was bringing in the "heros" program https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/youtube-heroes-controversy (there's a pewdiepie video out there on the topic as well calling out how potentially toxic and weaponised the idea was)

Not a big issue anymore, but in 2016 is was a MAJOR issue, and was also part of competition intentionally viewbottings competition to lead to the good old "invalid click activity" which also isn't that big of an issue any more, but was a big way for people to troll each other way back then.

Now it's botted comments. I do know Brian G was also the target of a dislike bomb once. I think that may have also been around 2016.

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I will say, never underestimate toxic competition. It used to be a big issue around 2016/2017 when YouTube was bringing in the "heros" program https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/youtube-heroes-controversy (there's a pewdiepie video out there on the topic as well calling out how potentially toxic and weaponised the idea was)

Not a big issue anymore, but in 2016 is was a MAJOR issue, and was also part of competition intentionally viewbottings competition to lead to the good old "invalid click activity" which also isn't that big of an issue any more, but was a big way for people to troll each other way back then.

Now it's botted comments. I do know Brian G was also the target of a dislike bomb once. I think that may have also been around 2016.
I've been on youtube before 2016, but I just know about this, wow.!

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
This has happened to me twice since I started Youtube. It is really heartbreaking when you just hit a milestone then your subs go down. You just have to earn them back!

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This has happened to me twice since I started Youtube. It is really heartbreaking when you just hit a milestone then your subs go down. You just have to earn them back!
Yesss omg that milestone thing really hurts because you get all excited and then have it taken away from you

Reactions: Meenu and Avocado