• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Least impressions despite ranking within 10 results through 100% optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrical lectures

Hi. I have decent number of subscribers and also got several views. But I am worried even after 1 year when I post relevant video to my niche, and tubebuddy shows that my keyword has huge search volume, even then I am not able to get views . Let me present you with very interesting example of one of my video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usGVSRoFjTI

This is the link of my video. I have optimized this video on 2 keywords. 1st is "What is battery capacity" and 2nd is "What is battery ah". I have attached pdf file which shows weighted scores of both keywords along with my tags ranking and video impressions and ctr. My video is currently ranking as 6 and 7 for both keywords respectively but still my impressions per day are maximum 45 which is a disgusting figure (see the attachment). Please tell me where I am wrong?

Attachments

• Case Study.pdf
    461.7 KB · Views: 120

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
TubeBuddy is a tool which provides information for you to make actionable decisions based on data. But you do need to have a fundamental understanding of this data. A keyword having significant search volume is one very small piece of a much larger pie. If there is a lot of competition for that volume then you are going to get swamped. If this is a keyword that several larger creators have already optimized many videos for then you are never going to break through the surface. And regardless of whether or not you are able to surface in search if your thumbnail is not appealing and doesn't stand out against the competition it isn't going to get you views.

As discussed in a different forum the performance of your video is a significant measurement here as well. Not only do you need to have that amazing thumbnail, but your video is going to have to perform better than the competition; that means watch time. If your video is ten minutes long and you average three minutes of watch time then you are going to get obliterated by a five-minute video which gets three-and-a-half minutes average watch time (because more people will see their end screens). Also if you have a one-minute video which sees 90% of it's audience clicking on end screens that lead to thirty-minute binge-sessions then that one-minute video is going to trounce the previous videos.

It is a long discussion when you try to break down the various elements of the algorithms that YouTube uses for Search and Discovery. There is so much that goes into play, so many different elements that are considered for a single search query. But the amazing and wonderful thing about it? It comes down to several very easy things that you as a creator can do to get views.

1-A. Make Great content (and lots of it)
1-B. Make a Clickable Thumbnail

It may take time but anyone who actually does this (and doesn't just think they do this) is going to be just fine.

Reactions: Amanda Summers

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
TubeBuddy is a tool which provides information for you to make actionable decisions based on data. But you do need to have a fundamental understanding of this data. A keyword having significant search volume is one very small piece of a much larger pie. If there is a lot of competition for that volume then you are going to get swamped. If this is a keyword that several larger creators have already optimized many videos for then you are never going to break through the surface. And regardless of whether or not you are able to surface in search if your thumbnail is not appealing and doesn't stand out against the competition it isn't going to get you views.

As discussed in a different forum the performance of your video is a significant measurement here as well. Not only do you need to have that amazing thumbnail, but your video is going to have to perform better than the competition; that means watch time. If your video is ten minutes long and you average three minutes of watch time then you are going to get obliterated by a five-minute video which gets three-and-a-half minutes average watch time (because more people will see their end screens). Also if you have a one-minute video which sees 90% of it's audience clicking on end screens that lead to thirty-minute binge-sessions then that one-minute video is going to trounce the previous videos.

It is a long discussion when you try to break down the various elements of the algorithms that YouTube uses for Search and Discovery. There is so much that goes into play, so many different elements that are considered for a single search query. But the amazing and wonderful thing about it? It comes down to several very easy things that you as a creator can do to get views.

1-A. Make Great content (and lots of it)
1-B. Make a Clickable Thumbnail

It may take time but anyone who actually does this (and doesn't just think they do this) is going to be just fine.

Reactions: Amanda Summers
Status
Not open for further replies.