• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO BIDS Playlist Strategy

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Thanks to @andrewkan and @TubeBuddy Staff for the latest video on playlist tools, techniques and tactics. I'll be updating and editing my playlists over the rest of April. I'll follow Andrew's advice from the video and report back with results. For the most part my playlists get little if any play...personally, I'm curious to see if anything happens as I update things. At this point, any traffic bump that occurs to the playlists...would have to be attributed to following the @tubebuddy advice.

Any questions? Thoughts? Suggestions? My intention is to create an informative thread on what does/doesn't work.

Reactions: RobBalasabas

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks to @andrewkan and @TubeBuddy Staff for the latest video on playlist tools, techniques and tactics. I'll be updating and editing my playlists over the rest of April. I'll follow Andrew's advice from the video and report back with results. For the most part my playlists get little if any play...personally, I'm curious to see if anything happens as I update things. At this point, any traffic bump that occurs to the playlists...would have to be attributed to following the @tubebuddy advice.

Any questions? Thoughts? Suggestions? My intention is to create an informative thread on what does/doesn't work.
Sounds like a good plan, @Pete A Turner!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Setting up my channel to have playlists on my main page has been a game changer. By default you get the "recently uploaded" which gives you, maybe 6 videos for visitors to first look at. If you have LOTS of videos, only having your 6 most recent leaves a lot of lost opportunities.

So not only have I made a custom playlist for my most recent videos that allows me to flesh out the description which is more searchable and also more personable, but I can add in my most popular videos. But with my channel being an art channel, I can also show my best shorter videos in a playlist, longer videos in a playlist, and have a series of playlists on my home page that truly represent my channel as a whole. Then you don't have to hope people click on your videos tab or playlist tab to see more, you've given your audience more options from the very first page. And it gives your channel more visual authority so it looks like you know what you're doing.

The more professional your channel looks, the more likely people are to take you seriously, and I do tend to believe a good selection of playlists on your home page makes the difference between "random person uploads to a channel" and "Pete knows what he's doing and you know you want to come back regularly for more"

OP
OP
Pete A Turner

Pete A Turner

Known Member
Setting up my channel to have playlists on my main page has been a game changer. By default you get the "recently uploaded" which gives you, maybe 6 videos for visitors to first look at. If you have LOTS of videos, only having your 6 most recent leaves a lot of lost opportunities.

So not only have I made a custom playlist for my most recent videos that allows me to flesh out the description which is more searchable and also more personable, but I can add in my most popular videos. But with my channel being an art channel, I can also show my best shorter videos in a playlist, longer videos in a playlist, and have a series of playlists on my home page that truly represent my channel as a whole. Then you don't have to hope people click on your videos tab or playlist tab to see more, you've given your audience more options from the very first page. And it gives your channel more visual authority so it looks like you know what you're doing.

The more professional your channel looks, the more likely people are to take you seriously, and I do tend to believe a good selection of playlists on your home page makes the difference between "random person uploads to a channel" and "Pete knows what he's doing and you know you want to come back regularly for more"
But do I really know what I'm doing? :)