• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Long Tail Keywords always Better??

tingthing09

Hello,

I've often heard it said to use a combination of short keywords and long-tail keywords. But looking at the keyword explorer, I can only seem to find a decent weighted score when I try long-tail keywords. That said, I worry that using all these poor-scoring short keywords will only fill up my character count.

What would be your recommendation?

Thanks!

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
well if you uses it for tags then it useless tags do nothing to help with the video! but if u uses for title and description short keyword work best! If I was making a video how to train a puppy to do tricks im not going to call my title PUPPY TRAINING! I'm going to call it HOW TO TRAIN YOUR PUPPY TO ROLL OVER I have three keyword in that title

Reactions: Meenu
OP
OP
T

tingthing09

Oh, so you're saying that the keyword explorer is made for finding a good title and stuff to put in the description? That makes sense. But if a keyword scores high and it's relevant to the video, wouldn't it also make sense to include that as a tag?

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
No and No because it scores high that doesn't mean that what viewer are searching for! Keyword explorer is only good for beginning who don't know what to do on YouTube.You have to make your titles and thumbnail as Great for viewer to click on!

OP
OP
T

tingthing09

I still don't understand. The Keyword explorer shows you an estimate of the search volume, its competition, and its optimization strength. How is that not useful for an experienced YouTuber? Wouldn't they prefer to test their theories of a good video title/thumbnail/description/tags against the actual score that TubeBuddy can generate for them?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
@Damon posted one of the best answers I've seen to this question a while back. Read his reply carefully.

OP
OP
T

tingthing09

No and No because it scores high that doesn't mean that what viewer are searching for! Keyword explorer is only good for beginning who don't know what to do on YouTube.You have to make your titles and thumbnail as Great for viewer to click on!

Well to be honest, I am a beginner and I don't know what I'm doing! Ha!

Thanks for the link and video recommendation. Looks like I was understanding this wrong.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

CHAOSFORCE

Actually it can be useful good ranking tags ----> showing up in search results -----> good thumbnail = clicks/views.