• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Feedback & Constructive Critique Welcome on my 1st Video

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I actually thought the pacing and camera was surprisingly good for your third video. Now before the next part, IΓÇÖm not an audio guy but there sure seemed to be a constant background buzz. If youΓÇÖre reviewing audio equipment as the expert I think there are really only a few options in this situation. 1) call out the equipment as being ok but creating a buzz that you can fix in post (then make a video showing how to fix it). 2) call it out as unfixable but minimal. 3) and this is where I get to learn something, if IΓÇÖm way off about the buzz please tell me

IΓÇÖm just trying hard to note an improvement opportunity, if you hadnΓÇÖt asked for review I probably would not have noticed it, you did a legitimately good job

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think you did a good job overall. I would note that while someone who is new to audio would just be looking for "what's a functional inexpensive mic", anyone with experience is going to want to hear the sound quality, frequency response and noise level. They are also going to want to know if you are testing the mic dry or if you have added anything. None of that can be determined over background music.

Your production quality is quite good, but I would suggest you think about your audience. If you are focusing on people new to creating content and want to show them an expensive way to improve audio, it might make more sense to do a simple "straight from the built-in mic" vs "now from this mic I'm testing" type of video. In that case the background music may be fine because the difference will be noticeable over the background music. But if that isn't your audience, you might want a "here is the mic dry" vs "here is the mic with a little EQ and compression" to show you can get good audio quality out of an inexpensive mic.

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
I actually thought the pacing and camera was surprisingly good for your third video. Now before the next part, IΓÇÖm not an audio guy but there sure seemed to be a constant background buzz. If youΓÇÖre reviewing audio equipment as the expert I think there are really only a few options in this situation. 1) call out the equipment as being ok but creating a buzz that you can fix in post (then make a video showing how to fix it). 2) call it out as unfixable but minimal. 3) and this is where I get to learn something, if IΓÇÖm way off about the buzz please tell me

IΓÇÖm just trying hard to note an improvement opportunity, if you hadnΓÇÖt asked for review I probably would not have noticed it, you did a legitimately good job

Thanks for the review Scott, definitely the type of review I was looking for, is it terrible/decent and what can be improved. Good to hear about the audio, could be a couple of things, might have had the A/C on and my key is the later version Godox SL-60W which does have some lower level fan noise.

For the #SHORTS format I am trying to get some shorter content out there and build my channel a little faster then will also out out some longer form content with the type of review you suggest.

OP
OP
liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
I think you did a good job overall. I would note that while someone who is new to audio would just be looking for "what's a functional inexpensive mic", anyone with experience is going to want to hear the sound quality, frequency response and noise level. They are also going to want to know if you are testing the mic dry or if you have added anything. None of that can be determined over background music.

Your production quality is quite good, but I would suggest you think about your audience. If you are focusing on people new to creating content and want to show them an expensive way to improve audio, it might make more sense to do a simple "straight from the built-in mic" vs "now from this mic I'm testing" type of video. In that case the background music may be fine because the difference will be noticeable over the background music. But if that isn't your audience, you might want a "here is the mic dry" vs "here is the mic with a little EQ and compression" to show you can get good audio quality out of an inexpensive mic.

Thanks for the review Silthw, your points are appreciated and it's definitely the type of review that i'll be doing in longer form videos a little later on my channel (refer to an above reply with Scott), I do have a 3 video series in mind for this specific microphone and will drop those for review in the future!

Avocado

TubeBuddy User
www.spreadtheavocado.com
Subscriber Goal
You can tell by the thumbnail, lighting and cutting. This is definitely not your first video lol

I would say overall it is good. Maybe too quick to end. Shorts don't actually need to be that short. :)