• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How can I make a playlist play automatically at the end of all videos?

Elindo

I have created a playlist, and I would like that playlist to play automatically after a viewer finish watching any of my videos. Is there a way I can do that? If so, how?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is a user-controlled feature that is actually on by default, but frequently turned off by users. Basically, if a user plays a video in a playlist it will continue to play videos from that playlist unless they have turned it off.

I will note, YouTube seems to constantly play with this behavior and it seems to irritate creators and viewers alike with how inconsistent it is.

OP
OP
E

Elindo

This is a user-controlled feature that is actually on by default, but frequently turned off by users. Basically, if a user plays a video in a playlist it will continue to play videos from that playlist unless they have turned it off.

I will note, YouTube seems to constantly play with this behavior and it seems to irritate creators and viewers alike with how inconsistent it is.

What do you think would be the best way to drive a viewer into watching the playlist?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Make sure you are not just using default playlists and make sure you are doing good names and descriptions for each playlist. Use end screens and info cards to direct people. I know a lot of people have experimented with not doing a true "ending" to their video and just going directly to end screen and have found that increased the effectiveness of their end screens. @Stanley Orchard may have some thoughts as well. He is one who has changed up how he ends his videos to drive more engagement with his end screens.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You can't have a playlist start automatically... your best option is to include a link to a relevant playlist with a verbal/visual CTA's in the endscreen and as a pinned comment. This has worked pretty well for me.