• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Why SEO is important

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone,
I am not a technical person & don't have any idea about SEO.
Can anyone let me know, what exactly is SEO & why SEO is important ?

Thank you in advance

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm still learning about SEO too, but from my understanding, SEO is optimizing the search result for your videos, so when someone search a video, your video have a better chance to show to them if your video is relevant to what they search

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Search Engine Optimization is our way of trying to be more searchable. Basically we try to provide the information that the search engine looks for to know when our page, video, etc is a good search match.

You Tube is a giant search engine. All the search engines (including YT) will change their parameters to try and keep people from gaming the system. Basic SEO stays fairly constant, but they will trick it up now and again. Like YouTube tags. Tags used to be a major thing, now YouTube says they do very little. Keywords, description, title... are important... for now ha ha. It is an ever evolving battle to be searchable.

Back in my old HTML days we added tons of metatags to get searched (mid to late '90s). Them days are gone...

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Moved this to a more appropriate section where you will get better responses. I'm also going to link this video...

Reactions: Sanjogita
OP
OP
Sanjogita

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm still learning about SEO too, but from my understanding, SEO is optimizing the search result for your videos, so when someone search a video, your video have a better chance to show to them if your video is relevant to what they search
thank you

PrinceRecy

Subscriber Goal
Search Engine Optimization is our way of trying to be more searchable. Basically we try to provide the information that the search engine looks for to know when our page, video, etc is a good search match.

You Tube is a giant search engine. All the search engines (including YT) will change their parameters to try and keep people from gaming the system. Basic SEO stays fairly constant, but they will trick it up now and again. Like YouTube tags. Tags used to be a major thing, now YouTube says they do very little. Keywords, description, title... are important... for now ha ha. It is an ever evolving battle to be searchable.

Back in my old HTML days we added tons of metatags to get searched (mid to late '90s). Them days are gone...
Thanks for sharing

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone,
I am not a technical person & don't have any idea about SEO.
Can anyone let me know, what exactly is SEO & why SEO is important ?

Thank you in advance
What do you do when... say... you want to find your nearest car dealer? Or maybe you want to do a quick google to see some prices, or compare some products before you buy something? You head off to google, go to the search bar, and type in your relevant question or query.

SEO is search engine optimisation. It's been around since there were search engines. You find a topic that's frequently being searched, you make a video on it, then title it in a way where it will be found when someone is trying to find something on that topic.

That's the easiest way to answer it I think.

OP
OP
Sanjogita

Sanjogita

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy User
TubeBuddy Pro
wordpress.com
Subscriber Goal
What do you do when... say... you want to find your nearest car dealer? Or maybe you want to do a quick google to see some prices, or compare some products before you buy something? You head off to google, go to the search bar, and type in your relevant question or query.

SEO is search engine optimisation. It's been around since there were search engines. You find a topic that's frequently being searched, you make a video on it, then title it in a way where it will be found when someone is trying to find something on that topic.

That's the easiest way to answer it I think.

Thank you so much

keithmaclroz

This word needs to be something that represents the website or services you want to promote online. For example, when I was using SEO services from grownomics.com.au, I used an online bookstore because I have an online shop with books. SEO workers will make these words directly connected to my website, so if someone will search on Google for something like the bookstore, the chance they will get on my website is very high. Literally, this is how SEO works, and I think this is the best digital marketing method.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I know it's important, but I never quite understood why...
It's not the most important thing... that is making a great video. If you have the ability to make Avenger's Endgame and put it on YouTube trust me, you would do just fine. But we aren't making Avenger's Endgame. We are making more simple videos at home in our spare time. And there are a LOT of people out there doing the same. So the market is very competitive.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the ways that you have the most control over for getting in front of people who want to see exactly what you make. If you make lawnmower repair videos you are competing against every person who ever filmed themselves repairing a lawnmower. But if you make a video specific for changing out the carbeurater (I tried ten times, I can not spell that right) on a 2010-2020 model Briggs-Stratton you are going to put yourself specifically in front of those people looking to repair that individual product that they own and broke. If you just titled your video 'Lawnmower Repair' it would be lost in a sea of videos about the same thing. But with that specific search information highlighted you give YouTube a means of finding you a direct and specific audience. That is how SEO works and why it is valuable.

Reactions: MattCommand1