• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube has deleted half of my subscribers?

rollingbricks

I started regular uploads on my channel in February. Since then, my channel has started to grow day by day. A month ago I heard some crazy success stories about #shorts so I just tried. My first short was this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUOHhkH8nkw

and for my surprise it generated 30K view within a few hours. My subscriber count went up from 114 to 410. I was happy but also a bit afraid about how this might looks from YouTube perspective when it's time to apply for monetization. I swear I didn't hire bots to boost my view counts, in fact I thought it's due to the growing popularity of shorts. Anyway. Today I logged into YT Studio and noticed that half of my subscribers has just gone overnight. When I go to the channel page it still shows 525 but in analytics it's only 230. I also can see this difference at the video's analytics vs video page. Does anyone know what's just happened? Is it possible that YT rated my subscribers/views false and just removed them? If so, will I get in trouble when it comes to monetization?
new_subs.png
new_analytics.png

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Wow. That sounds scary. Sorry I cannot help but sure someone in community will respond.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, on your youtube button it's still showing the subscriber count you reported, so maybe YouTube was having a buggy day. It happens sometimes, especially in analytics, you will see days where it will bug out and not show any analytics.

I had a strange day this year where none of my comments were showing up despite actually having comments, so some days it takes YouTube a little longer to wake up in the morning.

Reactions: DebuJalanan