• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

News Channel Perhaps the issue is there isn't a 'Channel Type' that reflects what I do!

puffin

User name: puffin
Title of introduction: Perhaps the issue is there isn't a 'Channel Type' that reflects what I do!
Your name/ Alias: Puffin
Where are you from? UK
How did you find TubeBuddy? Google
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I wanted to see if there are similar people, like myself, that have similar issues, questions and maybe that I could help too.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: I want my channel to provide a service that whilst opinionated has an honest reflections of society today.
How frequently do you upload? monthly
What are your hobbies?
What is your biggest dream?
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNkSoBNIyvwYPkKDIFDH1cw

OP
OP
puffin

puffin

Hi all,

I wonder if you are in a similar position to me. You have lots of passion for sharing what you know, or what you think or what you can do. Thing is, when you look at the 'Channel Type' selections, none of them quite fit what it is you do or that you want to do.

What do I mean? Well, I have a background in social science, I have been politically active my entire life and I am super obsessed with what goes on around the world. Due to my age, I'm, ahem, not the youngest person on this forum, I would guess, I recall buying every newspaper there was on a Sunday and reading them, cover to cover. During the week, I would read as much news content as possible, the radio was always 'tuned' to a news channel and the only purpose I seemed to have for a TV was, you've guessed it, watching the news.

You can imagine that since the advent of the internet and the development of tools and platforms like YouTube, Twitter etc, I am like a dog with a bone, I can't get enough.

However, I have a particular brand of politics, I want to be able to promote that as well as connect with others like me, so, the YouTube channel seemed like a perfect opportunity for that.

Thing is, 'politics' or 'social commentary' or 'opinion pieces' don't seem to fit the mould of YouTube or TubeBuddy.

Are there others like me on this forum and if so, I'd love to hear from you and understand how you get this to work for you, if you would be so kind.

Anyway, I hope that you are all well, you are all keeping safe and the your loved ones are too.

Cheers,

Puffin

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt know whst channel type they registered as but there is certainly plenty of politics on youtube so there is a market. Welcome to forums!

Reactions: puffin
OP
OP
puffin

puffin

Hi Doc,

Yes, I can see that there is politics on YouTube but I'm wondering how Tubebuddy will help me with that. The closest option to 'politics' etc Tubebuddy allows me to select is 'News'. Of course, news can feature politics, social commentary etc, but if Tubebuddy is to help me to make the most of the potential audience I am wondering how this can be done if the category they have me in is 'news' then presumably other 'news' channels will be used to provide the stats to give me some sort of aggregate keywords to use, and the like.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to drop me a line. I trust that you and yours are well and keeping safe.

All the best,

Dave

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Category just helps other people find similar people. You are correct that if you are looking for other people who do similar topics you would look under the "News" category and perhaps the "vlog" category.

Welcome!