• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Movie Review Set Up advice

Chrissie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First of all thank you to everyone who has been giving me advice in my other feeds. People are really helpful.

Today I want to discuss a strategy change now to a new niche where I review a movie. How would I go about doing this?

To clarify I specifically I mean to review the movie as it is playing out like other YouTubers have done (probably about 10 minutes worth with cut clips.)

Technically Im not sure how to do this. An external camera filming the movie and then overlaying myself? Or is there another way?

Bearing in mind I have a Mac so I can't put a disc in and upload it to YouTube . But I have a PS4 . But I'm not sure how to technically get the movie (cut and edited) onto YouTube.

I know there is the issue with copyright legalities but other YouTubers have uploaded short clips and banded the movie together this way whilst reviewing it.

Looking at my channel there are niches all over the place but im still trying to find my footingm

I am passionate about movies and I'm not one of those people to drag it down or tear it to pieces. In fact I would be looking at characters and their roles, art direction, lighting, setting, story and other factors.

So any advice or help would be appreciated. Especially on the technical set up.

Thank you so much

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think you can do video capture on ps4 but if not you need to figure out how to do that, then you can record yourself talking with the audio from the movie in your headphones. Video editing software should allow you to figure out how to either do overlays of the video or of you depending on the shot you want. I can't begin to imagine the copyright rules so if the end goal here is to make money you need to really learn that appropriately. If you never ever care about money then I guess it matters less. The only reaction/commentary maker I ever watch is nolifeshaq and he does rap music so I don't have much input on what the norm is in the movie genre. Good luck with everything!