• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Feedback on Latest Vlog Thumbnail

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
While this video is already live, I'd love some feedback on what your thoughts are. Is it attractive? Is it easy to see what the video is about? Thanks in advance!

I'm on my work computer so I don't have access to my Thumbnail drive - Sorry in advance for posting the actual video but I figured it was a way to display the thumbnail at least.
MagicMobile.png

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I like the overall layout and design. I get the niche from the thumbnail, which is great!

Given I get the niche from the thumbnail, I think you can reduce the amount of text. Right now it it very hard to read at the size it shows here, and that is significantly larger than it would appear in the YouTube app or on the YouTube web page. I think you could remove the "new park update" and the "swishwilly & Disney" lines, decrease the size of the character an 2021 and increase the size of "Disney Magicmobile Launch" to improve readability.

• Love
Reactions: SwishWilly
OP
OP
SwishWilly

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the overall layout and design. I get the niche from the thumbnail, which is great!

Given I get the niche from the thumbnail, I think you can reduce the amount of text. Right now it it very hard to read at the size it shows here, and that is significantly larger than it would appear in the YouTube app or on the YouTube web page. I think you could remove the "new park update" and the "swishwilly & Disney" lines, decrease the size of the character an 2021 and increase the size of "Disney Magicmobile Launch" to improve readability.

Thank you very much!! :)

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Layout is totally on point and it seems to be in line with disney folks (I have a friend that does disney instagram). May be too much text for it all to be useful.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
photo clarity is good, but I don't like the door in the background, I'd find a clean clutter free wall to take your thumbnails on, it could pay to zoom on you as well. Cropping in on your photo to just the below your wrist would allow you to take up a bit more of the frame.

I don't mind the blue and yellow framing, but the right feels too cluttered. I can't even read what it says under "new park update" and newpark update it'self is terribly tiny.
You could afford to get rid of the squiggly text, and keep it to just "new park update - disney magicmobile launch" could even get rid of ALL the text and just keep "disney magicmobile launch"

I like the character, but her placement in the bottom right, makes the thumbnail a bit cluttered.

But if this is already live, check the CTR to see how it's performing, and if the CTR is low, you could simplify the thumbnail some more and see how it goes :)

Reactions: Inka Bazinka ASMR

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
While this video is already live, I'd love some feedback on what your thoughts are. Is it attractive? Is it easy to see what the video is about? Thanks in advance!

I'm on my work computer so I don't have access to my Thumbnail drive - Sorry in advance for posting the actual video but I figured it was a way to display the thumbnail at least. View attachment 9750
lovely

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

I'm on my work computer so I don't have access to my Thumbnail drive - Sorry in advance for posting the actual video but I figured it was a way to display the thumbnail at least. View attachment 9750
lovely

liftoffvideo

liftoffvideo.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi OP,

The photo of you is good looks pretty natural and the colors work, try looking at the thumbnail for different sizes, this FREE tool has been posted a few times...

https://thumbsup.tv/

Drag and drop your image, you will then see what text doesn't work at a much smaller size.

Hope this helps, thanks Patrick

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Very clean looking thumbnail. But I suggest choosing a different font style for the text "Swishwilly and Disney". Or just making it larger and bold. The text was too small and a little hard to read. I get you want to give it a pretty looking feel. But at the cost of someone not being able to read it all is just not worth it. Other than that you got it! Great job.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the layout and colours used as it stands out - also that you are on the thumbnail which I think helps. I think the curly writing is hard to read and didnΓÇÖt stand out and the part your pointing to could be larger. Overall a really good thumbnail though