• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Some words to keep you motivated to brush off the rust.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I had a pretty average week, and that stems from a pretty average 2 months of not recording, mostly due to laziness and procrastination. I wanted to make a BIG video, but couldn't organise the assets and the whole process was overwhelming me to the point that I started to avoiding the video all together. I didn't want to start any other projects because I hadn't started this big video, meanings I was stuck in my own head of "I can't release this smaller video, because I haven't made this bigger video"

Kong vs Godzilla came alone, and I wanted to do some content for that, because months of procrastination lead to having NOTHING ready for kong vs godzilla content, This made me depressed because this was my time to shine.

After having a table flip moment, I decided to stuff it and just record something, even if it was bad, for the sake of having something out.

The bad video turned out to be a good video, until I realised I hadn't recorded any audio and my audio settings were all messed up.

This put me into another table flip moment where I was about to give up and just not bother, and maybe just leave my channel stagnent after more months of miss opportunities.

I decided to sit. Breath, meditate a little bit, then the idea to make an alternate version of what I just filmed, sprung into my mind, so I decided, ok let's do this again.

Made sure the settings were at least tolerable (i can fix errors in post production so long as SOME audio records) and ended up filming something in my opinion is pretty decent. My camera kept going out of focus, but the main point is I actually filmed something. I actually STOPPED caring if the video was any good, and that's what lead me to find the energy to get back into it.

The first hour I felt like a fool after not recording for so long, but about 2 hours later I was back in my stride, and I feel like I've brushed away the cobwebs and rust yet again.

You can take breaks. It WILL be a challenge to get back to it... the rust and cobwebs will make getting the gears going a bit tough, but you'll be greatful that you at least gave it a go instead of sitting on your butt feeling sad for yourself. Nothing changes if you don't take action, so just hit the record button and fight through the challenges.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
I had a pretty average week, and that stems from a pretty average 2 months of not recording, mostly due to laziness and procrastination. I wanted to make a BIG video, but couldn't organise the assets and the whole process was overwhelming me to the point that I started to avoiding the video all together. I didn't want to start any other projects because I hadn't started this big video, meanings I was stuck in my own head of "I can't release this smaller video, because I haven't made this bigger video"

Kong vs Godzilla came alone, and I wanted to do some content for that, because months of procrastination lead to having NOTHING ready for kong vs godzilla content, This made me depressed because this was my time to shine.

After having a table flip moment, I decided to stuff it and just record something, even if it was bad, for the sake of having something out.

The bad video turned out to be a good video, until I realised I hadn't recorded any audio and my audio settings were all messed up.

This put me into another table flip moment where I was about to give up and just not bother, and maybe just leave my channel stagnent after more months of miss opportunities.

I decided to sit. Breath, meditate a little bit, then the idea to make an alternate version of what I just filmed, sprung into my mind, so I decided, ok let's do this again.

Made sure the settings were at least tolerable (i can fix errors in post production so long as SOME audio records) and ended up filming something in my opinion is pretty decent. My camera kept going out of focus, but the main point is I actually filmed something. I actually STOPPED caring if the video was any good, and that's what lead me to find the energy to get back into it.

The first hour I felt like a fool after not recording for so long, but about 2 hours later I was back in my stride, and I feel like I've brushed away the cobwebs and rust yet again.

You can take breaks. It WILL be a challenge to get back to it... the rust and cobwebs will make getting the gears going a bit tough, but you'll be greatful that you at least gave it a go instead of sitting on your butt feeling sad for yourself. Nothing changes if you don't take action, so just hit the record button and fight through the challenges.
Drawing is not easy and YouTube not easy but somehow you decision to do both at the same time! I have to give credit went it do. Hopefully you can get back into. We all are rooting for u

SaraSmilez

Subscriber Goal
The average person will sit back and wait for things to happen..... amazing people make things happen. You cannot let your own mind steal your fire. Spit on the fire and laugh in its face. MAKE TODAY COUNT.