• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Why just getting one subscriber is difficult?

Chrissie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello from experience did anyone have trouble just getting one subscriber over a period of time (either before you had a healthy number of subscribers or for people right now trying to gain a following)?

Is part of it content based, part not being discoverable, part not using the best tools at my disposal? Or none of that or all of that?

The last time I had on subscriber was a month ago.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thank you.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First and foremost understand that you are not the only one going through this. We all go through it. The scale is different, but this issue will never go away. You will experience times of feast and times of famine when it comes not only to subscribers but views, CPM's, sponsorships, content etc.

The good news? This can be fixed!

You do well to have your subscribe Call to Action towards the beginning of your video... but I don't think you are applying it as well as you could be. Currently you begin your video and almost immediately jump into your CTA. This isn't working; if your audience is accustomed to that being the beginning of every video they are going to get bored and complacent and new viewers are going to hear this and likely shut down almost immediately. Viewers have been sooo inundated with 'Please Subscribe to my Channel' that they don't even pay attention to that any more. Furthermore, you have not given them a reason to subscribe. You simply ask them to subscribe for the sake of subscribing.

I suggest you make two adjustments to your CTA. First, get more creative. Figure out a fun and creative way of requesting the viewers subscription. Laura Kampf, Whang! and Leon Lush are three good case studies for unique CTA's. Second and most important... you need to provide value. You need to give the viewer a reason to subscribe. instead of leading off with that at the beginning of your video you need to start your video with a solid reason why the viewer needs to watch this video, and that they can get more of this if they subscribe. Rest assured; your subscriber count is going to live or die based on the value you provide. Give enough value and you won't even have to ask them to subscribe.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog
OP
OP
Chrissie

Chrissie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the above advice from Simple Words Sonal .

And thank you Stanley Orchard very incitful and helpful. I will definitely apply this to my next video. A new strategy gives me hope.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My subs come in waves sometimes - so try to push through the lows and not stare at that figure too much! I always find it affects me if I obsess over the stats

OP
OP
Chrissie

Chrissie

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey yea I know. I mean I have paid countless times for Google and Facebook Advertising and all of ever got me was about 30 subs . It's not worth the money it becomes too expensive.

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Agree. Slow and steady wins the race. Like the thoughts from Stanley around giving a reason to subscribe. But watching that counter continually is painful.

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey yea I know. I mean I have paid countless times for Google and Facebook Advertising and all of ever got me was about 30 subs . It's not worth the money it becomes too expensive.

well 30 subs is better than 0! but yeah I am feeling the same viewer/sub lull in the last two weeks. I think the big group of people who were watching YT during 2020 pandemic are now moving on with spring activities (going outside and enjoying the weather vs watching YT). But keep at it! I don't think paying for ad is necessary.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Don't worry about the numbers... worry about the content. It's definitely not a sprint.. It's a marathon.. and it's definitely not easy. Everyone has the same issues of getting subs that are legit. Stay way from Sub for Sub too. It's really a horrible way to get numbers, and often these people will never visit your channel again. :)

• Love
Reactions: annybiav

thesuparman

Subscriber Goal
As a new youtuber, I found it tough to get new subscribers. That strange wave thing is true. it happens in a month and then disappears for next few months!