• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Keeping Safe From Demonetization

Does anyone have any practices for health/supplement channels to follow in order to avoid demonetization. My channel - after 300 uploads has just been demonetized, the good news is, is that I can re-apply for monetization in a month... but I'm still concerned that the same thing can happen thereafter and youtube demonetize me for 'harmful content'.

Although I review supplements, I never have glorified or promoted the sale of harmful substances so their demonetization surely has to be a mistake (especially considering that they've individually approved all my videos for monetization)

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Hard to say what you need to avoid without knowing why you were demonetized. Did YT ever tell you exactly why? What does 'harmful content' mean in your case? Do they have an issue with certain supplements? Is the niche kind of iffy to begin with?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I agree with @Tito Tim I don't feel like it is your niche that caused the problem. It's possible, but also avoidable so long as you follow family-friendly guidelines.

Reactions: Emelyn Cagas
OP
OP
T
Don't know about demonetization of your channel niche, but TubeBuddy have Demonetization Audit tools. You can read the details here >> https://www.tubebuddy.com/ tools?tool=demonetizationaudit#demonetizationaudit
This is very neat, thanks for sharing this. So I have hand-picked about 50 videos of which all say 'No Warnings'. Then I found the mass 'Demonetization Double-Check' But it says that every video is fine
"We did not find any Demonetized Videos needing to be submitted for manual review.
You may run this process again in the future and if we find any demonetized videos, TubeBuddy will list them for you to review in bulk."

Is there anything else you'd recommend to see which videos may be responsible for this?

Reactions: Emelyn Cagas
OP
OP
T
Hard to say what you need to avoid without knowing why you were demonetized. Did YT ever tell you exactly why? What does 'harmful content' mean in your case? Do they have an issue with certain supplements? Is the niche kind of iffy to begin with?
Great question. There were a few supplements they had issues with, but that represents like 1% of my content and I've stopped producing those videos. One thing I can't control is that people do make comments on the channel like 'where do I buy this', and that can set me up for trouble if a particular supplement is banned in their country (for instance, there are many health supplements which are legal in North America, but not in India). I've taken a look at their list of 'unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements' and have avoided discussing these ( https://support.google.com/adspolic...y=,unapproved-pharmaceuticals-and-supplements ), so it's puzzling. The odd time when I mention a prescription, it's something I'm taking under doctors discretion and the videos are talking about my experience, never promoting it. Hmm, hopefully all is better. I did tell my viewers today on a livestream and this gave me a lot of positive support.
View: https://youtu.be/0ywIPLTJUGM
. I'm so grateful for this community ! Thanks everyone.