• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Best end screen plan?

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So IΓÇÖm not convinced my ends screens are the best, currently I basically say by and then it becomes a static thank you screen with a link to subscribe and two videos (usually the most recent and the ΓÇ£youtube best suggestedΓÇ¥).

IΓÇÖve seen a few lately were the end card was asking the video continuing with the creator talking up the links as they showed on the screen.

Any thoughts on ΓÇ£best practicesΓÇ¥ here?

Reactions: YDL

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First... I suggest eliminating any sort of 'good bye.' It feels really awkward, but if you can get to the natural end of a topic without saying it I would advise doing so. The second you say anything like it... 'good bye,' 'that is how we do it,' 'thank you...' all of those act as social cues that the conversation is over and gives the viewer the sign that they can stop, skip, swip or move on to the next video. You don't want to encourage that, it's basically dead video after doing so.

So, I suggest leaning into the transition into the next video. Instead of say 'thank you for watching' or 'bye!' I suggest ending the final topic of the video and then directing the viewer into the next, something like this:

... direct them into the sandwich and suddenly you are going to see blah blah blah. You know what, if you really like this you may want to consider checking out the video I did about this other kind of sandwich trick. I have that posted right here [point to endscreen element] or if you prefer we did a video right here that Google has picked out specifically for you... Might be worth checking out?!

Also, I cut endscreens to about ten seconds. twenty is just too long. Viewers either make the decision to jump or they don't... no need to give them a full third of a minute to do so (that's what the end of video suggestions are for).

Hope that helps and good luck!

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Great response. I no longer say goodbye and just ask viewers to watch my next video and subscribe.

Reactions: MattCommand1

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
No 'endscreen' and what i mean by that is do not have a slide at the end saying thanks for watching. By this time people have dropped off, stopped watching the video. Id encourage you not to indicate that you are wrapping things up as you want to keep people watching as long as possible. When you get to the end of your video have your end screen videos physically appear on screen with you and position them in a place where you can point to them and encourage people to check them out. We started incorporating this recently and it makes more sense then our previous endscreen template.

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First... I suggest eliminating any sort of 'good bye.' It feels really awkward, but if you can get to the natural end of a topic without saying it I would advise doing so. The second you say anything like it... 'good bye,' 'that is how we do it,' 'thank you...' all of those act as social cues that the conversation is over and gives the viewer the sign that they can stop, skip, swip or move on to the next video. You don't want to encourage that, it's basically dead video after doing so.

So, I suggest leaning into the transition into the next video. Instead of say 'thank you for watching' or 'bye!' I suggest ending the final topic of the video and then directing the viewer into the next, something like this:

... direct them into the sandwich and suddenly you are going to see blah blah blah. You know what, if you really like this you may want to consider checking out the video I did about this other kind of sandwich trick. I have that posted right here [point to endscreen element] or if you prefer we did a video right here that Google has picked out specifically for you... Might be worth checking out?!

Also, I cut endscreens to about ten seconds. twenty is just too long. Viewers either make the decision to jump or they don't... no need to give them a full third of a minute to do so (that's what the end of video suggestions are for).

This is such a good idea omg! I love the way that leads into the next video and completely makes sense!

Amanda Summers

Known Member
If I want to target Australians, for example, would I look at the international clock and then post at 9-11 am? Is there a statistic that says overall Youtube best viewing times? Is it broken down into countries? It seems like people are busy with their day and watch in the evenings. It's like the old country song goes, 'it's 5 o'clock somewhere.' Is there anything to help with this?

DebuJalanan

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

I wish I read this comment earlier. Man, I should've known this.
Thank you, @Stanley OrchardBuddy

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

I like your idea of endscreens being 10-seconds. 20-seconds does seem long. There was another experienced YTuber who was very blunt about her approach. She prefers people to be "surprised" by the ending leaving the viewer wanting more by just cutting off with zero transition to the last few seconds. I think she (among other experienced guys/gals) to guide them to the next video. I was okay at just ending discussions but I still stumble around during the last 10-15 seconds. Always something to improve.

groovy horrror scifi

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Can you actually place the end videos, subscriber links where you want in your video.
I find mine can only seem to be placed right near the end as my credits roll.
I must admit though using youtube studio on a mobile phone is not bloody straightforward.

FilipFIXtiger

So IΓÇÖm not convinced my ends screens are the best, currently I basically say by and then it becomes a static thank you screen with a link to subscribe and two videos (usually the most recent and the ΓÇ£youtube best suggestedΓÇ¥).

IΓÇÖve seen a few lately were the end card was asking the video continuing with the creator talking up the links as they showed on the screen.

Any thoughts on ΓÇ£best practicesΓÇ¥ here?
Credits?!

bectries_food

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do have an end screen animation that I used making Canva, that I'm going to be revising and shortening thanks to the advice that Stanley offered earlier in the thread (mine currently runs about 12 seconds) I have always felt awkward with a parting sign off, but a call to action (to view another video or look at a playlist) feels like it has more potential to feel natural.