• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Channel Demonetized - :( What Do I Do?

. My channel has 21k subs, with 180k views/month.

A few days ago, my channel was demonetized. What surprises me most about this, is there is very limited information that Youtube has supplied me with, in order for me to make the appropriate adjustments to my channel. It simply says 'Harmful Content: Content containing illegal substances or promoting sales or dangerous acts concerning drugs, alcohol and tobacco.'. & is saying to re-apply in a month.

I've uploaded over 300 videos, all but a few of them were INDIVIDUALLY REVIEWED by youtube staff, and given the green light for monetization. As, after uploading a video, I typically do click 'request review'.

Therefore, this can likely be a bug, or maybe someone has mass-flagged my channel? The channel is a supplement review channel and I've never sold or promoted the sale of any harmful substances, further evidence being that I've been monetized and all but a few videos were approved for monetization.

Does anyone have any advice as far as what I should do? I am scared that I may not be re-monetized when I apply despite my channel being supplement reviews and NOT promoting harmful substances.
Channel link :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeAkgESo94

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The good thing... Is you still have an active channel. So you should be able to open up a support ticket with them in Creator Studio to see if you can get any answers. There has to be some type of reason as to why your whole channel has been demonetized. As tropicthunder said.. try YouTube support via their Twitter.. if you can't get ahold of them through YouTube support chat on your account. Good luck getting this resolved!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
T
The good thing... Is you still have an active channel. So you should be able to open up a support ticket with them in Creator Studio to see if you can get any answers. There has to be some type of reason as to why your whole channel has been demonetized. As tropicthunder said.. try YouTube support via their Twitter.. if you can't get ahold of them through YouTube support chat on your account. Good luck getting this resolved!

Right! Do you know if this is a common mistake that they make? I'm hoping that when I re-apply, all will go well.

Have you try contacting youtube support via their twitter ? @TeamYoutube

Thank you. Not through their twitter, I just tried this, thank you so much. Via email the other day, they said they would look into it. You seem quite experienced, if i re-apply to monetization, and get declined, does that mean that I can just keep re-applying?

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thank you. Not through their twitter, I just tried this, thank you so much. Via email the other day, they said they would look into it. You seem quite experienced, if i re-apply to monetization, and get declined, does that mean that I can just keep re-applying?
My channels are not monetized yet lol, so I don't know about that. Btw, any luck so far about the issue ?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I can see where this could have been an issue... there is very little regulation on health suppliments and that can be a topic that could very easily be misconstrued and used to sell harmful products. Considering that all products and the approach to your content is legitimate, family-friendly and safe I would advise reaching out the @TeamYouTube on Twitter. I know that has already been advised, but it's worth reiterating as it is really the best way to get ahold of them.

Something that did catch my attention though... You say that all 300 videos have been manually reviewed by YouTube? That waves a huge red flag for me. I honestly believe there is a miscommunication here, because they don't have the manpower to go around manually reviewing 300 videos for every channel. But if you have had 300 videos manually reviewed... or even reviewed at all that is of huge concern. Even if it is found to be advertiser friendly the shear amount of reviews for that channel is cause for concern. Whatever is causing it is the issue. Whether it be a topic that is regarded as non TOS compliant, non-advertiser friendly, presented in a spammy or inappropriate manner... whatever is going on the need for those reviews is significant.

OP
OP
T
Spe
I can see where this could have been an issue... there is very little regulation on health suppliments and that can be a topic that could very easily be misconstrued and used to sell harmful products. Considering that all products and the approach to your content is legitimate, family-friendly and safe I would advise reaching out the @TeamYouTube on Twitter. I know that has already been advised, but it's worth reiterating as it is really the best way to get ahold of them.

Something that did catch my attention though... You say that all 300 videos have been manually reviewed by YouTube? That waves a huge red flag for me. I honestly believe there is a miscommunication here, because they don't have the manpower to go around manually reviewing 300 videos for every channel. But if you have had 300 videos manually reviewed... or even reviewed at all that is of huge concern. Even if it is found to be advertiser friendly the shear amount of reviews for that channel is cause for concern. Whatever is causing it is the issue. Whether it be a topic that is regarded as non TOS compliant, non-advertiser friendly, presented in a spammy or inappropriate manner... whatever is going on the need for those reviews is significant.
Great input. So, what I meant was that, when I upload a video, I do have to click 'request review', and then within 1-3 days, they approve the video. Sometimes this would take up to 5 days when the pandemic was really bad.

There are 311 videos on the channel (excluding livestreams).
I monetized after about 160 videos, meaning that the remaining 151 videos were taken through that manual review process. As far as the first 160 videos prior to being monetized, I suppose you're right and they had their bots review them, they monetized all my videos except for maybe 3 or 4 which they left with the orange icon for monetization.

Doesn't youtube review most channel's videos prior to approving them with monetization? I did notice that within the past few weeks they stopped the manual review on my channel, and anytime I uploaded a video, it was automatically monetized with the green button. It's interesting that there are much more 'dangerous' channels out there which talk about supplements, yet maybe it's their video disclaimer or descriptions that are keeping them safe.. 'More Plates More Dates' being one of them, with over 500k subs.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com

I saw that and kind of let it slide... but yeah... why a manual review on all? I wonder if they all flag with a yellow icon? That would be bizarre, or borderline acceptable content? I had quite a few flag yellow, when the new AI came out, but it cleared up rather quickly. (never did figure why the flagged yellow)

OP
OP
T
I saw that and kind of let it slide... but yeah... why a manual review on all? I wonder if they all flag with a yellow icon? That would be bizarre, or borderline acceptable content? I had quite a few flag yellow, when the new AI came out, but it cleared up rather quickly. (never did figure why the flagged yellow)
Well after each upload, they would be yellow within 20 minutes, then I'd click 'request review', not sure why. I thought this happened to most people, lol.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Spe

Great input. So, what I meant was that, when I upload a video, I do have to click 'request review', and then within 1-3 days, they approve the video. Sometimes this would take up to 5 days when the pandemic was really bad.

There are 311 videos on the channel (excluding livestreams).
I monetized after about 160 videos, meaning that the remaining 151 videos were taken through that manual review process. As far as the first 160 videos prior to being monetized, I suppose you're right and they had their bots review them, they monetized all my videos except for maybe 3 or 4 which they left with the orange icon for monetization.

Doesn't youtube review most channel's videos prior to approving them with monetization? I did notice that within the past few weeks they stopped the manual review on my channel, and anytime I uploaded a video, it was automatically monetized with the green button. It's interesting that there are much more 'dangerous' channels out there which talk about supplements, yet maybe it's their video disclaimer or descriptions that are keeping them safe.. 'More Plates More Dates' being one of them, with over 500k subs.

IMO this is a pretty rare circumstance. I've never heard of anyone having to submit for review to this extent, not even close. YouTube doesn't 'review' them, per say. There is a system of automated checks that all videos go through during the upload process, and I believe there are varying degrees of checks that they go through.

When you say review, are you referring to this series of questions regarding the audience fit for your video?
1617373283861.png