• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help What can I do to stop losing my Subscribers

ret3p

TubeBuddy User
ret3p.com
Subscriber Goal
We need more information
Agreed.

Looking at your channel, it seems that you went from uploading videos about marketing and money-making to uploading meditation music and videos. Your drop in subscribers could be due to that. Could also be due to those subscribers having been bot accounts. YouTube removes those accounts every so often, and sometimes even dormant accounts are deleted. Now, these are just a few of the reasons you could be losing subscribers.

Reactions: Austin Chibest

Pete A Turner

Known Member
If you're losing subscribers...it's you. Always start there...what can I improve, change, upgrade etc. Just off the top...I'd suggest 1. A video welcoming non-subscribers. I checked out your channel...but didn't really know what you do, or why I should be there. 2. I'd suggest you don't post often enough. 3. No matter how great the music is, it's nothing if it's not discoverable. I want an hour of meditation music, YouTube won't let you compete with the bastions of your niche--it's also a lot to ask of your channel to find or hold people when there are other places--again this isn't about quality. 4. Your channel is starving for your attention.

Suggestions? It's all hard work....
1. Use your social network to find friends or associates willing to spin your content.
2. Market how the iconic channels do, to the best of your ability and budget.
3. Experiment...it's not good enough to hang content--you have to drive people to your channel. Maybe call 5 yoga studios or meditation-focused businesses and simply ask them to try your videos. --
4. If they say yes, then ask them what they experienced...
5. Optimize everything through TubeBuddy, you will learn and find where willing ears/eyes are at.
6. advertise. A few hundred dollars a month, done well, will help you learn to market better....and create the awareness your brand needs. I put this last on this list specifically because a LOT of the work needed to lift your channel up is, on you...I wouldn't advise advertising until you know who you are targeting...and are prepared to receive them in your shop.

I hope that helps. Keep it up...I'm going to go meditate now.

Last edited:

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I just want to mention that all channels lose subscribers. When a channel goes from 1000 to 1005 subs from a day to another it may actually have gained 8 subscribers and lost 3 subs. The problem is that as a smaller channels you will notice it clearer since there will be days where you see your total number of subs decline. Try looking at if from a longer perspective, a month, 6 months, a year. Is your subscriber number growing or decreasing?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I agree with everyone here but I feel the need to speak up regardless. You pivoted direction, you can expect a loss of subscribers as a result. You are also going to experience a natural loss of subscribers from time to time, whether that be due to lack of viewer interest or YT deleting bot accounts it happen. Focus on what you can; improving video quality and creating a good reason for new viewers to subscribe.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It's not something to get so hung up on. Unless you know it's due to something on your part. Such as:
- if you changed the direction of the channel from what it was initially based on.
- not uploading as consistent as you should
- other related reasons

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have personally lost as many subscribers as I gained. Some of this was self inflicted I.e. sub for sub at the beginning. Now my subscriber retention seems a little more stable and I no longer do that as it causes more harm than good.