• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Affiliate marketing!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
How about, why not? If someone clicks on an Amazon link and buys something, why not get a cut if I was the reason they bought the product? Same with most affiliate programs.

I don't go after them just because they offer an affiliate program, but if it is in line with what I do and is free (most are) to sign up, there seems to be no downside.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I haven't really delved too deep into Affiliate marketing outside of listing the materials I use. In the dinosaur drawing niche, it's not exactly the kind of niche that people really want to be buying stuff through affiliates, so I'm just working out how I can incorporate it.

Realistically I'll probably do affiliate marketing completely outside of my niche and just not attach my name to it.

Reactions: TheShihTzuFamily

Pete A Turner

Known Member
I have a few affiliate agreements. They don't really drive enough revenue to demand much of my attention. The thing with affiliate marketing is, you still need a big audience to make it work. Sure you can promote someone else's product you believe in...but, and this is the hard part, unless you're passively pushing enough toward their product....it's not worth your time. If you spend your time or budget marketing someone else's product to sell it...you're not getting compensated well enough. Sure, cutting and pasting a link into your notes is easy and mindless....and maybe someone clicks on that link...but easy and mindless are things that work at scale. On the other end...affiliate deals usually benefit the product company, not the creator. Do the math...consider what else you might do to drive revenue. I think the bottom line is this...if you have to work at it, at all, it's not worth the effort. If you're going to be good at selling something you should be the direct benefactor of that effort. When you've sold enough of you...to have a surplus...THEN you add in affiliate marketing as a way to maximize.

Or just do it and see what happens. It's all a learning process.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I put a few up that were easy that I believe in (tubebuddy/rev) but I donΓÇÖt really sell products at this point. I will likely have some things eventually but donΓÇÖt expect major revenue from it given my niche is medical/health information and I donΓÇÖt drift in the sensationalist ΓÇ£buy this one pill and all your life is betterΓÇ¥ kind of thing

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
At the very beginning I did use affiliate links but quickly found out externally placed links may affect the placing of my search terms on YT. I got to hear from others that YT wants watchers to stay in their ecosystem so ever since then been reluctant for to use affiliate links. Now this is algorithm witch craft and maybe others who have a data driven view but it was enough to spook me. However, links to other YT videos and playlists absolutely fine.